Ch# 9 - CRUSH

The sun had barely risen, casting a warm glow over the city as students made their way to their respective universities. The streets buzzed with the energy of a new day, filled with anticipation and the usual chaos of city life.

Matthew and Taerae walked side by side toward their campus, a mix of excitement and nervousness etched across Taerae's face. He fidgeted with his phone, glancing at it every few seconds as if searching for reassurance.

"You good, Taerae?" Matthew asked, raising an eyebrow. "You look like you're about to throw up."

Taerae let out a shaky laugh, trying to calm his racing heart. "I'm just... you know, today's the day. I'm gonna tell Junhyeon how I feel."

Matthew patted him on the back, offering a reassuring smile. "You got this, man. Just be honest, and it'll work out. Junhyeon would be crazy not to like you back."

"I hope so," Taerae mumbled, trying to keep his nerves in check.

Meanwhile, Gunwook and Gyuvin headed to their own university, their usual banter echoing around them as they walked.

"Hey, lover boy," Gunwook teased, nudging Gyuvin's side. "How's it living with your crush, huh? Bet it's like a damn rom-com at your place."

Gyuvin rolled his eyes, though he couldn't hide his smile. "Shut up, dude. It's not like that."

"Oh, come on! I see how you look at Ricky," Gunwook laughed, dodging a playful shove from Gyuvin. "It's cute, really. You should just tell him how you feel."

Gyuvin shook his head, a hint of a blush on his cheeks. "Easier said than done, you know. Besides, I like how things are right now."

"You're such a wuss," Gunwook teased, grinning widely. "But whatever makes you happy, man."

Their teasing continued on the bus ride, with Gunwook poking fun at Gyuvin about Ricky and the small gestures that spoke volumes about Gyuvin's feelings.

Ricky, who didn't have university commitments because he studied abroad, decided to hang out with Yujin. The two of them met up at a local arcade, a favorite haunt of theirs.

"Man, I can't believe you get to chill while we're all stuck in classes," Yujin said, shooting at the arcade basketball game with impressive accuracy.

Ricky chuckled, watching the balls swish through the hoop. "Yeah, perks of studying overseas, I guess. But hey, at least I get to hang out with you today."

Yujin grinned, giving Ricky a friendly bump with his shoulder. "True, true. So, what's up with you and Gyuvin? You two seem pretty tight these days."

Ricky shrugged, trying to play it cool. "Yeah, he's a good guy. We've been hanging out a lot."

Yujin raised an eyebrow, smirking knowingly. "Uh-huh. I've seen the way you two look at each other. Just saying, maybe you should make a move."

"Geez, not you too," Ricky groaned, though a smile tugged at his lips. "Can we just focus on me beating your ass in this game?"

"Sure, sure," Yujin laughed, concentrating on his shots. "But you know I'm right."

Hanbin arrived at his university, his mind preoccupied with the conversation he intended to have with Minnie. He spotted her sitting on a bench outside the cafe, her usual bright smile greeting him as he approached.

"Hey, Minnie," Hanbin said, trying to sound casual but feeling the nerves knotting in his stomach.

"Hey, Hanbin!" Minnie replied, standing up to hug him. "Want to grab a coffee before class starts?"