Ch# 10 - Kidz Zone

Hanbin woke up suddenly, gasping for breath. His skin was clammy, and his heart pounded against his chest as if he'd just run a marathon. He lay there for a moment, staring up at the ceiling, trying to shake off the remnants of the nightmare that had startled him awake. It was all a blur—fragments of anxiety and confusion swirling in his mind like a storm.

He sighed, throwing the covers off and swinging his legs over the side of the bed. He rubbed his face with his hands, trying to ground himself. "It's just a dream," he muttered, trying to reassure himself.

With a heavy heart, Hanbin pushed himself up and started getting ready for uni, trying to focus on the mundane tasks of the morning routine to calm himself down. But the unease lingered, a shadow following him as he brushed his teeth and pulled on his clothes.

Just as he was finishing up, he heard a loud knock on the door. Before he could even process it, the door swung open, and his friends burst in like a whirlwind of chaos. Ricky, Gunwook, Gyuvin, Taerae, and Matthew filled the room with their loud voices and energy, making a mess of everything in sight. Yujin trailed behind them, a calmer presence amidst the storm.

"Good morning, Hanbin hyung!" Yujin greeted him with a smile, ignoring the madness around them.

"What the hell?" Hanbin said, bewildered. "Why are you guys here so early?"

Yujin chuckled, tossing a chocolate into his mouth before responding. "The better question is, why are you up so early? What's the rush, hyung?"

Hanbin blinked, momentarily confused. "I was... getting ready for uni." The words slipped out before he could think, and he immediately regretted it.

"What?!" Gyuvin exclaimed, pausing mid-bite of a piece of toast he'd somehow acquired. "Dude, you remember we planned to skip today, right?"

Taerae nodded in agreement. "Yeah, we literally talked about this yesterday, Hanbin. No one's going to uni on the last day."

The room erupted into a chorus of confusion and questions, his friends not even giving him a chance to explain himself.

"Are you ditching us, Hanbin?" Matthew teased, his eyes sparkling with mischief.

"Come on, man, what's up with that?" Ricky added, feigning offense.

Hanbin held up his hands defensively, trying to get a word in. "No, no, it's not like that! I have to meet up with Minnie today."

Ricky and Gyuvin exchanged a glance, their expressions shifting into knowing smirks.

"Oh, sure," Gyuvin said, leaning against the wall with his arms crossed. "Meeting Minnie, huh? Or are you just using that as an excuse to see someone else?"

Hanbin narrowed his eyes, not quite following. "What are you talking about?"

Ricky shrugged, pretending to be casual. "You know, someone whose name rhymes with 'Bang Bao'?"

Hanbin blinked, clearly not understanding their insinuations. "What? Who's Bang Bao?"

Yujin, who had been quietly observing and munching on a chocolate bar, finally spoke up. "They're asking if you have a crush on Zhang Hao."

The room fell silent for a moment, and Hanbin felt his heart leap into his throat. His mind raced, and he could feel the heat rising to his cheeks. Caught off guard by the directness, he just stared at them, his mouth opening and closing like a fish out of water.

"W-what? No!" Hanbin stammered, his voice rising an octave. He could feel the panic clawing at his chest, his hands fidgeting with the hem of his shirt. "Why would you even say that? I'm with Minnie! Zhang Hao's just my friend, and I'm dating his sister!"