Ch# 2 - New Kidz on the Block

Hanbin woke up to the blaring sound of his alarm, groaning as he reached over to turn it off. He checked the time and his eyes widened in panic. "Oh no, no, no!" he exclaimed, jumping out of bed.

He started hustling around his house, stumbling over some unpacked boxes. "Ricky was right, I need to start getting up earlier," he muttered to himself, quickly pulling on his clothes.

Grabbing his phone and slinging his bag over his shoulder, he hurriedly locked the door and dashed towards the bus stop. At the bus stop, he anxiously glanced at his watch every few seconds, shifting from one foot to the other. Finally, he spotted the bus approaching and sighed in relief as he boarded.

After a short ride, Hanbin got off the bus and sprinted towards his university. Once inside the campus, he looked around for Minnie. He spotted her sitting on a bench, engrossed in a book. Quickly fixing his appearance, he took a deep breath and approached her.

"Minnie, I'm so sorry for being late," he said, slightly out of breath. "How long have you been waiting?"

Minnie looked up and smiled. "Not long. I only finished like five chapters," she teased.

Hanbin's eyes widened in shock. "Huh?" he let out a flustered sound.

Minnie laughed. "Just kidding! I just got here too."

Hanbin turned red, biting his lower lip. Minnie noticed and chuckled. "You know, you bite your lower lip whenever you're embarrassed or flustered."

Hanbin chuckled nervously. "You're quick to notice."

Minnie packed her bag and stood up. "Have you eaten anything yet?"

"No, I didn't have time," Hanbin admitted.

"Let's go to the cafeteria and grab something to eat before class," Minnie suggested.

"Sounds good," Hanbin agreed, and they walked together towards the cafeteria.

After grabbing some food, they sat down, and Minnie placed her face between her hands, looking at him curiously. "So, tell me about yourself, Hanbin."

Hanbin smiled. "Well, my full name is Sung Hanbin. I'm a very nice guy, at least that's what I think," he started, making Minnie chuckle. "I love dancing, especially tutting and waacking. I have a barista license and work at a cafe part-time. I pay my own university fees and even bought my own house with my own earnings. And... I hope to get along well with everyone I meet."

Minnie stared at him in shock, then let out a low whistle. "Whoa, you're incredible, Hanbin."

Hanbin blushed, biting his lower lip again. Minnie noticed and pointed it out. "There you go again, biting your lower lip." Hanbin chuckled at her remark.

"Well, it's kind of cute," Minnie said with a teasing smile. "Makes you seem more... human, I guess."

Hanbin laughed. "I try."

Just then, a girl walked up to them. "You must be Minnie. I've heard a lot about you," she said in a surprised tone.

Minnie looked at her, not so amused. "And you must be Lin. I've heard a lot about you too."

Lin forced a smile. "I hope only good stuff. Hey, aren't you that newbie who bumped into me yesterday?" she said, turning to Hanbin.

Hanbin turned red again and nodded. "Yeah, that was me. Sorry about that."

Lin turned back to Minnie. "Welcome to Baekdu. If you need any help, you can ask."

Minnie raised an eyebrow. "Aren't you a music major? How can you possibly help me?"