Ch# 17 - Solar POWER

The early morning light barely peeked through the thin curtains of Zhang Hao's room. The quietness of the hour was broken only by the soft, rhythmic breathing of the two boys. Zhang Hao's eyes fluttered open, and the first thing he felt was the weight of Hanbin's head resting on his shoulder. Hanbin's head rested gently on his shoulder, his soft breaths warm against Hao's neck. For a moment, everything felt perfect.

Suddenly, Hao's heart dropped, a surge of panic rushing through him. But then he turned slightly, his gaze falling on Hanbin's peaceful, sleeping face, and his panic was replaced by something else—something warmer, softer. Hanbin's lips were slightly parted, his face relaxed and serene, completely unaware of the effect he was having on Hao.

"He looks so peaceful... so beautiful," Hao thought, a small smile tugging at his lips. He carefully, almost reluctantly, shifted Hanbin's head from his shoulder to the pillow, making sure he was comfortable. His fingers brushed against Hanbin's cheek, and his heart skipped a beat at the contact. He couldn't help but stare at Hanbin for a while, his eyes tracing the lines of his face, taking in every detail.

He's so beautiful when he's sleeping. How did I get so lucky to have him in my life?

But it's not like that, is it? He doesn't know how I feel. And then there's Minnie...

No, I can't think about that. I shouldn't even be looking at him like this.

"Why do I feel like this?" Hao wondered, his gaze lingering on Hanbin's lips. They looked so soft, so inviting. "No, I shouldn't..." But his body wasn't listening to his mind. Before he realized it, he was leaning in closer, his heart pounding louder and louder with each passing second.

But I can't stop. I just want to know what it feels like...

No, no, this isn't right.

He was so close, he could feel Hanbin's breath on his lips, the gap between them closing inch by inch. But just as his lips were about to touch Hanbin's, a wave of guilt and panic crashed over him. Hao pulled away abruptly, his heart racing for an entirely different reason now.

"Fuck, what am I doing?" Hao whispered harshly to himself, his hand trembling slightly as he brought it to his face. He slapped his own cheek lightly, trying to snap out of whatever spell he was under. He quickly stood up, needing to put some distance between himself and Hanbin before he did something he would regret. Without another glance at the sleeping boy, Hao hurried into the bathroom, closing the door behind him.

Inside the bathroom, Zhang Hao splashed cold water on his face, gripping the sink as he stared at his reflection in the mirror.

What's wrong with me? He's my friend... and he's with Minnie. I can't... I can't let myself feel this way.

But it's too late, isn't it?

I care about him too much. It's more than just friendship now. But what am I supposed to do?

As he tried to steady his breathing, the weight of his emotions pressed down on him, making it hard to think clearly. He needed to get a grip before he did something he'd regret.

A few minutes later, Hanbin's eyes slowly opened, his vision blurry as he tried to make sense of his surroundings. He blinked a few times, his mind still groggy with sleep. But as he shifted slightly, a sharp, stabbing pain shot through his left side, causing him to freeze in place.

What the hell is this? Why does it hurt so much?

"Ah..." Hanbin winced, clutching his side instinctively, his face contorting in pain as he tried to figure out what was happening. It felt like someone had driven a knife into his stomach, twisting it with every breath he took. His mind was in a fog, but as he looked around, he realized he wasn't in his own room. Panic gripped him as the memories of last night came flooding back, each one hitting him like a punch to the gut.