☔️ A Lovely Night (Alastor) 💚

Requested by: ValerieWinks777

Pairing: Alastor x OC!Ophelia

~•*•~

Ophelia was a girl of many talents. Not only for being skilled in martial arts and in hand-to-hand combat, she was also intelligent and independent. Ophelia was known across Hell for being very strong willed and down to earth.

She had cream-colored grey complexion, entrancing green eyes — which were prone to catching the breath of every man that caught glance of her — and a mane of long black hair that ran down her back in soft waves.

Most were caught off guard by Ophelia's beauty and bold personality, causing her to have many fine suitors and admirers — yet even more envious enemies.

Many say she takes after her father, Zestial, for being so capable and charming.

Which, she didn't mind. She loved her father, and looked up to him. Zestial adored his daughter, seeing her to be his one love and precious gem.

Since recently, she'd been living together with her lover, Alastor, who was also very well known around Hell for his famous radio broadcasts and bloody killings.

Alastor was working late that night at the hotel, waking up acceptionally early and bidding her a dismissive goodbye, not bothering to kiss her cheek as he does every morning.

Ophelia was left baffled and hurt at her partner's curt behavior today, not only so, but today she celebrated her 121st birthday...alone.

Later that evening, she sat by the fireplace, entranced by the flame's bright waves of ruby-red streaks. Ophelia pulled her legs up to her chest, resting her chin atop her knee caps, occasionally throwing shreds of her old poems into the fire.

How pathetic...the demon thought to herself. She was sitting alone, watching the fire-pit spit and roar as she sat on the carpet, feeling sorry for herself as she dwelled on her lover's crude attitude earlier that day.

Her attention averted outside, as she started to hear the light patter of acid rain outside.

She managed a soft smile.

Whenever it rained, she imagined the raindrops were tracing small patterns along the surface in pictures.

When she was younger, she enjoyed going outside and guessing what the rain was trying to draw.

Ophelia sat up and grabbed her umbrella, going out as she walked along the sidewalk, admiring the light tracings of giraffes, vampires, and coffee mugs that she could make out.

She was close to enjoying herself before realization hit her;

She was watching rain pour for her birthday. And thought it was fun.

Ophelia let out a sigh and pinched the bridge of her nose.

Maybe she could just talk to Alastor and remind him it was her birthday? It would certainly save her from this already dull evening.

No. She didn't want to come off as too desperate. He seemed pretty heated this morning, anyways.

The spider demon turned on her heel, ready to go home. Maybe warm up some leftovers and watch a rom-com. Or some cement dry, if she's lucky.