Chapter 1

"Being late on the first day is not a good impression," I groaned and yanked off the douvet, revealing 4 pairs of intertwined legs.

"God, you guys look like a lesbian orgy," I chuckled.

"Five minutes..." Ruby groaned reaching for the snooze button.

"Fuck no! What part of 'first day' do you all not understand?" I ran my fingers through my hair and paced across the hard wood.

"If you guys aren't up in," I glanced at my watch, "precisely fifteen minutes, we'll be behind schedule."

"Jesus Ava. What side of the bed did you get up on?" Olivia asked as she sat up and fluttered her long eye lashes. I tucked my hair to its resting posotion behind its ear.

"You're never like this babe, what makes this audition different than any other?" Ella yawned.

I sighed while grabbing a towel from the hall closet and making my way to the loo, "I don't know exactly... It just feels... Different I guess?"

"Lovely. So we're getting up at," Ruby glanced at the alarm clock, "five thirty because you have a gut feeling?"

"Wake up Charlotte, will you?" I ignored her comment and shut the bathroom door behind me, plugging in my iPod and scrolling through my playlist. I stepped into the shower and squealed as the cold water froze me completely.

I hummed along to Beethoven, and ignored the banging on the bathroom door, and shouts for me to "hurry up."

I was sure to take my time applying my makeup, making sure my eyeliner was pin straight. I wrapped the towel around my body, grabbed my iPod, and waltzed through the door.

"Christ, about time," Ruby smirked.

"What can I say? This is why I made a schedule," I teased and strode to my room.

Once i reached my closet i grabbed the neat pile of clothes i had picked out the night before.

I pulled on a pair of my favorite lightwash destroyed Hollister jeans, a pink, floral crop top, that rested just below my belly button, and my white high top converse.

I took one look in the mirror, spritzed my wrists with perfume, and fluffed my curls.

I'm not a perfectionist. I'm a lazy, slob. Usually when we score auditions I'm not ready to go back to work, so I slack off. Ella does all the planning.

But Mr.X told me today was different. He hadn't told me who we were trying out for, but he told me we needed to, quote, "Walk into that studio and own it."

Mr.X was like the father I never had. I would do anything to please him.

***

In the car Ruby, Olivia, Charlotte,and Ella were gushing about the group we were trying out for. Some boyband called "One direction ." I think any guy that's in a boyband is a turn off, so I drowned out the girls conversation and focused on the routine we would be performing.

"It's gonna be sick. You psyched Ava?" Charlotte asked in her usual bubbly personalitly. I shrugged, just act cool, dont encourage them.

"Come on Ava! You know how Mr.X told us this would be the biggest video of the year!" Olivia pleaded.

Olivia was conceded. She loved to be the center of attention, and was always fighting for center stage. But she had a big heart. I could tell it was taking every nerve in her body to stay calm. Olivia would take every chance to be the focus of attention.

"Mr.X said it would be bigger than the time we danced for Usher on New Years" Ella giggled ,"Plus you have to be stoked to meet the guys, i hear they're De-Lish!"

"Ella!" My cheeks flushed, "Can you guys possibly chill? I'm trying to think."

Ruby gave me one of her award winning stares. Her perfectly plucked eyebrows arched.

"Fuck, fine. I'm stoked," I lied.

Charlotte mock coughed, "Bullshit."

"Fine Lotte, Im totally stoked," I knew I sounded the least bit interested. To tell the truth I could care less about the artists, I was focused on pleasing Mr.X.

The rest of the car ride the studio was full of giggling and squeals.

I had no idea who these boys were.

I had no idea how my life would change.

I had no idea what I would do for love.

***
Cast:
Ava - Ashley Benson
Harry Styles - himself
Simon Cowell - himself
Mr. X - Pierce Morgan
Ruby - Nina Dobrev
Olivia - Cara Delevingne
Charlotte - Sydney Sierota
Ella - Avril Lavigne
Liam Payne - himself
Zayn Malik - himself
Niall Horan - himself
Louis Tomlinson - himself