9

The end of Junior year was quickly approaching. Two weeks left, and we were outside playing softball. I hated softball, I would have preferred baseball, but the six other girls in my class agreed that it was too hard. Well, having about four baseball players in our class was not going to make it any easier.

While we were waiting in the dugout for our turn, or my turn, at bat, Katie and I were looking through her phone at 'hot guys'.

"Do you know who I think is cute in this class?" Katie randomly asked, watching the players chase around the softball.

"Who?" I asked.

"Chase!"

That was a shock to me because Katie believed she was black on the inside and only thought black guys were the only people close to being on her attractive radar.

"Chase, as in the one in next me to me Chase?" I still didn't believe it.

"Yes, who else?"

That is the moment I looked closer at Chase, as he was standing on first base, bending his knees, ready to run. His red t-shirt and black basketball shorts he wore a lot during class. The way his brown hair shined in the sunlight and his short bangs hung in his face at the perfect angle. Oh my skittles! He was more than cute.

"Thanks Katie, now I like him more than a friend!" Katie didn't seem shocked, because she knows it doesn't take me long to figure out if I really like somebody.

"Finally! You can have him!" We laughed quietly and I went up to bat.

I hit the dumb ball pretty far, way in the outfield. I scored a home run for our team. I blushed when Chase gave me a half hug for scoring our teams last home run, making us win for the day.

Stupid Katie!