54-56

54

That weekend, I went to Eau Claire for my nephew's twelfth birthday. My one year old niece was entertaining. We threw cake in my nephew's face and started a cake war.

I also told Jessabella about Chase. She told me 'yeah' was the stupidest response someone could give when you confess that you like them. She also said he wasn't worth it if he kept avoiding my on and off.

I love Jessabella. She's so straight to the point.

But did I listen to her?

No!

55

Right after school that next Friday, I was talking to my best guy friend Cody.

Cody was so weird, telling my trees were going to take over soon.

Somehow, I still stayed his best friend.

While we were talking, Chase slowly walk past us. And I mean, he did this cute little walk past with a little sway and then he keep looking back at me when he fully passed.

It was like he wanted to talk to me about something, but didn't want to interrupt me and Cody.

It also looked like he had to pass us to go towards the gym, and his face read 'please don't talk to me because it's a weekend and I said we could hang out.'

Again, boys need to make things a lot clearer, especially this boy.

After Cody was done with his story, I tried to find Chase, I really did.

But he was already gone.

56

March second and third, the juniors had ACT testing, so we only had school for a half day.

I was super busy with musical and with the upcoming management competition.

Plus, I went with my brother to see dad, and we actually talked. Things were getting back to normal and maple syrup season was starting.

My dad has a maple shack for making sap into syrup, on his land and our family sells the syrup.

So he's super busy cooking day and night, when he doesn't work.

I took a girl home from practice who lived a few miles from him so I could come see him without mom finding out.

We didn't say much, just talked about how sucky mom and her fiance was being and about graduation and my party.

He told me to invite Chase and his friends over for maple syrup and waffles, because dad makes the best waffles ever.

That's why I love my dad. Him and his sneaky plans.

He told me not to focus on anything else until I asked Chase. I also had to ask Chase what his dad's name was because my uncle went to college with a Jacobs.

Those were my new missions.