The Dead Child

I will be updating more slowly due to a huge lack of WiFi in the country, where I moved recently. But I am still writing these chapters even without WiFi so when I do update it should be several chapters at a time.

We ran up the steps but I manage to lag behind to catch my breath. I won't ever get used to being a human fireball. It's like the sun is radiating inside me. I fear I may pass out again or just perish altogether. I'm hardly aware of my feet still climbing up the stairs, and my arms gripping the banister. I'm more aware of the heat inside me pressing against my skull. I feel a hand grab my arm and pull me up faster. Once we reach the top River leads the way, letting go of my arm after I told her I could manage. And I think I can. The heat is suddenly bearable, still there, but just warm and not life threatening. This is probably the lowest I've ever felt it. I sigh with relief, then remember that it's probably a bad thing for the Tardis heart to be at a low temperature. Even when I took a cold shower my body temperature slowly rose back to scorching. I don't know what's normal and what's not in this type of situation. But there is one thing I know for sure. I'm dying.