72.Red

"Y/n, where are those hair ties?" Shahneel asked while looking through the bottomless pit which was her purse.

"I thought they were in the paper bag," you answered after pausing the narration of your day out to Shubman.

You grabbed the said bag which was on the coffee table, searching inside it.

"Di, give me your bag," he said and when he was handed the sling bag, he turned it upside down, letting everything fall outside.

"This is for us," you grabbed one chocolate bar out of the two that fell out.

Shubman looked through the small heap of things. He found AirPods, Axe Oil, dry tissues, wet tissues, a personalized butterfly knife with her initials engraved, an opened pack of Kinder Chocolate Mini, compact mirror, chewing gum, a small bottle of sanitizer, shoe laces, and finally, the hair ties.

"Here," he handed them to his sister who cared enough to not thank him.

"Where's Ishan?" She asked and he pointed to the hallway that led to his office, as well as the basement. "Put everything in the bag again."

She left in that direction and Shubman looked questioningly at nowhere in particular.

"The hair ties were for him," you said, taking the paper bag in your hand. "I think I'm going to organize all of this in the closet. Take your time, Shubi."

You kissed his cheek, glanced towards everything spread out on the coffee table, and left before he could answer.

Shubman could do as his sister had told him to. But he wasn't going to. Not when she hadn't even got him anything after a whole day spent outside.

At least, that's what he thought while placing everything back inside the bottomless pit again.

He stopped when his fingers came in contact with something that wouldn't really stand out among the tissues, but would feel different.

It was a receipt for men's diamond studs.

"Of course," he muttered. Ishan had been wearing new ones right after valentine's day.

Three flight of stairs later~

Placing the last of the newly bought things in the walk-in closet, which was the size of an average bedroom, you looked at the empty paper bag.

It looked nice. So you decided to keep it among the other things you've collected too.

"Parfait," you said under your breath, walking back to the vanity table to try the new charm bracelet.

"Your outfit looks nice, sweetheart," you heard Shubman's voice and looked back briefly.

He was taking off his default black blazer, throwing it to the couch beside.

You were given the same compliment with an 'I love you' in the morning, and every other day.

But he just couldn't help all the love that threatened to flow out of his heart at just the sight or sound of you.

"Right?" You said, the bracelet still around your wrist as you turned to the mirror that covered an entire wall. "I thought I could add bell sleeves, but I liked it sleeveless."

You ran a hand down the black dress, its empire waist flaring out in an A-shape to your knees.

"It's foam," you added while Shubman removed his cufflinks, the ones you gifted him for Valentine's day, and rolled up his sleeves. "Though I almost went with micro velvet."

He wrapped his arms around your waist, swiftly pulling your back to his chest.

"And the bracelet doesn't fit me," you said, shaking your hand twice, letting the accessory fall to the table. With a sigh, you grabbed and placed it in the draw.