First Date

Leroy Jethro Gibbs xDaughter!OC

Special Agent Leroy Jethro Gibbs was not a man known for idle threats, but when it came to his daughter, Collette, he was fiercely protective. Collette, at seventeen, was preparing nervously for her first date with a boy named Ryan from her school. She stood in her room, trying on different outfits while texting excitedly with her friends, unaware of the storm brewing downstairs.

Gibbs sat at the kitchen table, cleaning his favorite gun, a ritual that often accompanied moments of deep contemplation for him. His mind was far from the intricacies of the firearm; it was focused on Collette and the boy who would soon arrive to take her out. He knew Ryan — a good kid, by all accounts, but that didn't ease Gibbs' apprehension. He had seen too much in his career not to be cautious, especially when it came to his daughter.When the doorbell finally rang, Collette hurried down the stairs with a flutter of excitement. 

Gibbs watched silently as she greeted Ryan with a bright smile, her cheeks flushed with anticipation. Ryan, a polite young man with nervous charm, greeted Gibbs respectfully, shaking his hand with a hint of hesitation.

As they exchanged pleasantries, Gibbs' piercing gaze didn't waver. He didn't say much, but his presence alone spoke volumes. Ryan shifted uncomfortably under the weight of Gibbs' scrutiny, sensing an unspoken message that he needed to tread carefully with Collette.

During dinner at a local diner, Collette chatted animatedly about school and her hobbies, while Ryan listened attentively, occasionally glancing nervously towards Gibbs whenever the conversation veered towards personal topics. Collette, wrapped up in the thrill of her first date, didn't notice the subtle signals her father was sending.

Back at home, as Ryan dropped Collette off at the front door, Gibbs stepped outside to bid them goodbye. Collette hugged Ryan goodbye with a smile, unaware of the serious exchange happening behind her back.

Gibbs clasped Ryan's shoulder firmly, his voice low but firm. "I trust you'll take care of her," he said, his tone leaving no room for misunderstanding.

Ryan nodded earnestly, meeting Gibbs' intense gaze with equal seriousness. "Yes, sir. I... I really care about her," he admitted nervously.

Gibbs nodded once, a silent acknowledgment. "Good. Remember, Collette means everything to me. Don't ever forget that," he said, his words laced with a protective edge.

Ryan swallowed hard, feeling the weight of Gibbs' unspoken threat. "I understand, Agent Gibbs. I won't let anything happen to her," he promised sincerely.

Gibbs gave a curt nod, his expression softening imperceptibly. "Good night, Ryan."

As Ryan drove away, Gibbs watched until the car disappeared down the street, a mix of emotions swirling within him. He knew he couldn't protect Collette from everything, but he would do everything in his power to ensure she was safe and happy. It was a promise he intended to keep, no matter what.

Inside the house, Collette hummed to herself as she climbed the stairs to her room, oblivious to the quiet intensity that had just transpired between her father and her date. She fell onto her bed with a contented sigh, her thoughts filled with the evening's memories.

Meanwhile, Gibbs returned to his kitchen table, his gun now perfectly clean and gleaming under the dim light. He took a deep breath, the weight of fatherhood settling heavily on his shoulders. Protecting his daughter would always be his priority, no matter how many cases he solved or criminals he apprehended. For Leroy Jethro Gibbs, nothing mattered more than his daughter's happiness and safety.