Lost, Waiting to be Found

Tony DiNozzo x Daughter!Reader

Kate Todd x Daughter!Reader

Co!Parent Tony DiNozzo x Co!Parent Kate Todd

Summary: Years after officially retiring form NCIS, Kate Todd and Anthony DiNozzo still help out with cases as liaisons for the MCRT team, aka team Gibbs. When a past case comes back to bite them, they end up putting the one person they love more than each other at risk

Warnings: Chronic Illness, Abduction, PTSD, Missing Child, Angst, Tears, Anxiety

A/N: HEAVY use of 'Y/N'

Tony DiNozzo glanced at his watch impatiently as he stood outside Kate Todd's apartment door

Tony DiNozzo glanced at his watch impatiently as he stood outside Kate Todd's apartment door. It was a habit he hadn't quite kicked from his NCIS days—being punctual to the minute. He had every reason to be punctual today; their daughter, Y/N, had a parent-teacher conference scheduled for tomorrow afternoon, and Tony wanted to do a family meeting before hand so everyone knew what to expect.

Knocking twice, Tony heard the shuffle of footsteps behind the door before it swung open, revealing Kate with her ever-present aura of professionalism slightly softened by the domesticity of their shared life.

"Hey, you're early," Kate greeted with a smile, stepping aside to let Tony in. Her eyes flickered with a mix of fondness and exasperation—typical of their dynamic.

Tony shrugged with a grin. "Can't help it. The old habits die hard."

They exchanged a quick kiss—a habit of intimacy they had maintained even after years of not being a couple. Tony loved Kate, deeply and irrevocably, but circumstances had kept them apart romantically after they decided to focus on co-parenting Y/N. They also wanted her to see what a healthy loving adult relationship can look like even if both parties aren't technically together anymore.

"How was your day?" Tony asked as he followed Kate into the living room, where Y/N was engrossed in her homework.

"Busy," Kate replied, sinking onto the couch. "You know how it goes. Meetings, paperwork, the usual."

Y/N looked up from her algebra textbook and smiled warmly at her father. "Hi, Papa. How was work?" she asked, using a tialian 'papa' instead of the more usual 'dad' thanks to spending the first five years of her live having summer get aways to Rome with Senior.

"Work was... eventful," Tony replied vaguely, not wanting to burden Y/N with the details of his latest case. He crouched down beside her, ruffling her hair affectionately. "How about you? Ready for your parent-teacher conference tomorrow?"

Y/N nodded, her smile widening. "Yep. Ms. Collins says I'm doing great in English, but I need to work a bit harder in History. all those wars really messed up my midterm. I cant seem to keep them all straight in my head"