~ 11 - CONFESSION ATTEMPT #6: Connor Blurts Out His Feelings ~

Malcolm grumbled as his eyes opened and he saw that he was still in the Infirmary.

"Hey, you're awake."
Malcolm looked over to see Connor was sat by the bed Malcolm was in. Connor handed Malcolm a bit of ambrosia. Malcolm smiled slightly at Connor, taking the bit of ambrosia.
"Thanks... how long have I been asleep?" Malcolm asked.
"Only a bit over 20 minutes." Connor answered, watching Malcolm take a bite of the ambrosia.

A silence overcame them and Connor fiddled with his hands.
"I am really sorry that Travis shot you in the leg. This wasn't how that was supposed to work out." Connor said, not looking at Malcolm.
Malcolm finished eating the amount of ambrosia Connor had given him.

"What were you two doing in a bush with a bow and arrow anyway?" Malcolm questioned, looking at Connor.
Connor bit his inner cheek.
"Just... trying to do something stupid." Connor said.
"Oh, so the usual?" Malcolm asked.
Connor looked up at Malcolm and Malcolm smiled at him. Connor felt his cheeks warm up.
"... Yeah, the usual." Connor said, smiling slightly at Malcolm.

"How does your leg feel anyway?"
Connor glanced at Malcolm's bandaged leg.
Malcolm sat up and he looked at his leg.
"Fine. The ambrosia is helping." Malcolm shrugged.
"Will is the camp's best healer, so maybe that's why it doesn't hurt so much."

Connor stared at Malcolm's bandaged leg and frowned. Connor groaned and he hid his face in his hands.
"Why are you so forgiving about this? Travis shot you in the leg, I caused this to happen!" Connor exclaimed.
"Well, this was clearly an accident." Malcolm stated, looking at Connor.
"And-"

"Yeah, but this could have gone so much worse." Connor said, staring down at the floor.
"And... Gods, I shouldn't have listened to Travis. This was a stupid way of... Ughh!"
Connor ran his fingers through his hair.

"I don't understand why I can't just... tell you that I like you like a normal person would. Why did I have to listen to Travis and his stupid ideas of confessing to you?!"

Connor blinked and he raised his head, his cheeks warming up as he looked at Malcolm. Malcolm blinked back at Connor and Connor gulped.

"Right, well, I hope you have a great recovery, and I will see you around camp!" Connor exclaimed, getting up.
"Or not, depends on if I decide to drown myself from embarrassment!"
Connor was about to turn around and walk off before he felt a hand grab his wrist.
"Wait. Please."
Connor looked over at Malcolm, and he glanced at how Malcolm held his wrist.

Malcolm gently slipped his hand into Connor's. Connor felt his heart skip a beat and he turned around to face Malcolm.
"... Ever since... Travis got dragged to 'confess' to me by Woodrow. I figured out that you were supposed to be the one... to confess to me." Malcolm said, looking at their hands.
Malcolm squeezed Connor's hand and Connor's breath hitched as he kept his gaze on Malcolm's face.

"And I figured out that the flying shoes, the cake, the matching mugs... those were confessions. The arrow? Now, I'm not sure what that was about but-" Malcolm began.
"Travis was going to shoot the arrow past you, it had a note, and we thought you'd investigate it, see the note and erm... yeah." Connor explained.

"... Alright, that was a stupid attempt of confessing to me. Especially since the arrow impaled my leg." Malcolm said.
"I said sorry..." Connor mumbled, looking away, clearly embarrassed.
Malcolm smiled and he looked up at Connor.

"I like you too, Connor." Malcolm said softly.
Connor met Malcolm's gaze.
"Seriously? Especially after all of my attempts?" Connor furrowed his eyebrows.
"Are you okay? Are you brain damaged?"
Connor leaned in, tilting his head at Malcolm. Malcolm smiled at Connor and gently pushed Connor away.

"I am serious." Malcolm said.
"I was going to let you have another chance of confessing, since your previous attempts went very poorly, and if it didn't work out, I planned to tell you my feelings instead. Though it seems that this attempt wasn't a total failure."
"I shot you in the leg, Mal." Connor stated.

"Right, but you also told me how you felt." Malcolm smiled at Connor.
"And I returned those feelings, so that means we need to figure out what to do now."
Connor sat down next to the bed again. Connor looked at their hands and he loosened his grip of Malcolm's hand, and he began to fiddle with Malcolm's fingers.
"Figure out what to do now?" Connor questioned.

Malcolm glanced at their fingers and watched as Connor fiddled with his fingers.
"Well, since all your confessions turned out... badly, how about you arrange a date for us?" Malcolm questioned, looking up at Connor and catching his gaze.
Connor blinked and he began to blush.
"... You want me to arrange a date? Malcolm, are we sure that's a good idea? I mean, I could mess it all up or-!" Connor began.

Malcolm leaned in and he placed a gentle peck on Connor's cheek.
"I believe in you." Malcolm said softly.
Malcolm smiled as Connor's entire face turned red.
"... I- erm... I need to go!!" Connor exclaimed, letting go of Malcolm's hand.
"I'll-I'll see you tomorrow! Erm, wherever that may be! Bye!"
Connor quickly ran off and Malcolm smiled as he watched Connor run off so quickly, clearly flustered.

"Wow~ you just made the poor boy have a huge gay panic."
Malcolm looked over to see Will making his way over, with a huge grin on his face.
"And he is very adorable when he gets all nervous." Malcolm smiled.

"Now, how long am I supposed to rest?"
"Mmh, stay in the Infirmary for the night and tomorrow we'll see how you feel. Okay? You'll be fine in time for a date with Connor soon, don't worry."

---------------------------------------------------------

Word count: 991