Ladybug

Ladybug tapped the corner of the plastic card on the desk, frantically, as she waited for the lady with the ridiculously long nails to look up from her computer screen.

She pursed her lips and looked around the lobby of the hotel which—if it wasn't for Paris' generosity—she most certainly couldn't afford to be in. Grand chandeliers hung down from the ceiling, their crystal droplets almost blinding passers-by as low sunbeams hit them and decorated the walls with magical, multi-coloured rainbows. The lowering sun was having quite the impact on the lobby's floor as well, making it shine so brightly it would have almost been confused for an ice rink. Embarrassingly, she may have tapped it twice with her foot before walking in—just to make sure.

The whole place made Elsa's ice palace look boring.

After what felt like forever, the receptionist finally looked up, a smile so vibrant and bright it could easily rival the shine of the marble floor.

"So, you've booked in for a one-bed villa, complete with a private pool? Is that correct?" The woman's Italian voice was like thick cream, oozing with sensuality and pleasure. Italian accents really were something else... Now, if only she would be so kind as to take the credit card and give Ladybug the key to the room .

She tapped the card faster. "Yep!"

"And you do realise this is a couples hotel? Si?"

Ladybug nodded, her head challenging the speed of the card. "Si," she mimicked, her voice coated with a thick, French accent, completely opposite to the authentic Italian feel of the resort.

"Sooooo..." the receptionist drew out. Not so inconspicuously, she looked around Ladybug. It was obvious she was trying to see if anyone was with her. Unfortunately, all she would see was the very pale British couple making out behind her. They hadn't stopped since they'd boarded the boat from the mainland.

Disregarding the need to turn around herself, she smiled brightly at the receptionist and finally stopped tapping the card, placing it down flat and sliding it over with her fingertips.

"My–" She coughed and cleared her throat..."My other half will be here through a different method of travel. Secret identities, you know?"

She leaned forward and punctuated her question with a wink.

Why was she lying? She was here for a break, goddamn it! It didn't matter if she were here alone or with a soccer team, she was entitled to this rest! She'd worked hard for it and she was well and truly going to take advantage of it—partner or no partner.

"Oh, right! Si, of course." The receptionist returned the wink and continued to tap away on the computer. Did it usually take this long to check in?

"I bet it's Chat Noir." A nosey couple to the left of her said. They looked over to her, causing her cheeks to heat up. Her partner didn't even know where she was.

"Nah, have you seen her with Viperion? Playing favourites, or what?" Mrs Pale standing behind her said.

"If it's based on favourites — it's Rena Rouge."

Ladybug blinked. Unable to keep up with the conversations surrounding her, when someone else spoke.

"No way! It's totally Ryuko!"

"Is my room ready yet?" Ladybug slammed her hands on the desk rather aggressively, causing the receptionist to jump out of her chair.

"Yes, of course. Is it two key cards you wanted?" The receptionist gave her another wink... Really?

Ladybug was just about done with all this. She picked up the card and flung it forwards. "Just one key please. Chat Noir will come and collect the second when he gets here. Can I see my room now, per favore?"