Ladybug

Marinette sat on the balcony, watching the sunrise over the sea, her arms wrapped around her knees, as her chin rested on top. For a couple of weeks of pure relaxation, it was fair to say the first night had been a complete and utter let down. Between the whirling of the air conditioning unit and the fact that she couldn't relax in a bed so big, her sleep had been miserable.

She looked at the sun dancing on the horizon, sending dazzling sparkles across the top of the sea. It was so bright, so shiny, she couldn't help but think of the joy in her partner's eyes. Chat Noir had asked her to go with him...wherever he was going and one night into her own vacation she already regretted not saying yes.

He'd been like a little boy on Christmas as the strict rules of a peace period had been called in the capital. He'd been packed and ready to fly off somewhere before she'd even decided if she was going to go—and who could blame him, they'd been at this for four long years.

"Marinette?" Tikki phased through the doorway and hovered in front of her.

"Oh, good morning, little bug," Marinette yawned, stretching up and loosening up some of the knots in her shoulders. Tikki positioned her hands on her hips, and Marinette knew she was about to be scolded.

"Would you believe I was so excited about being here I just had to see the sunrise?" she feebly attempted to lie.

"Marinette, we've been together now for four years and I'm almost certain the idea of seeing a sunrise has never once entered your train of thought, unless you were thinking that such a time was far too early for anything."

Groaning, Marinette placed her head in her hands. Was she really that readable?

"I couldn't sleep," Marinette sighed. "The bed was too big, and the silence in the room just accentuated my thoughts."

"About?" Tikki questioned.

"Everything!" Marinette said, looking out into the distance.

Tikki studied her for a moment before brightening up. "Well, as you have finally woken up at a reasonable time in the day, how about you head to the restaurant for breakfast, then maybe see about using one of your vouchers?"

Vouchers! She had completely forgotten about the gift basket. Her shoulders suddenly celebrated at the thought of an impending relief, the day looking brighter thanks to the resort's incredible amenities.

Brightening, Marinette scurried downstairs, her eyes catching the picturesque vision of cellophane and pink satin on the coffee table. She yawned again, this time popping her hip out as she stepped towards the welcome present. Stopping at the table, she untied the perfectly formed bow, and slipped the cellophane down, screwing it into a ball before discarding it in the general direction of the kitchen.

Inside the basket, there was a bottle of champagne...she didn't know much about alcohol but maybe she should have put that in the fridge the previous night?

A voucher for a full body massage at the spa.

A booklet of vouchers for discounts on meals, and by the looks of it, some of them quite weighty.

A box of...she froze...Tikki froze...the two turning their heads to look at each other.

Curious, Marinette opened the box and pulled out a silver and pink foil packet. It crinkled in her fingers and mocked her loneliness. The idea of this resort just seemed to be getting more and more unappealing by the minute. Maybe she should have gone to Walt Disney World instead.

"Well, maybe I should Cosmobug these to Alya because I'm quite certain I won't be needing them," she said wryly.

Tikki darted into the basket, reappearing a moment later with a bottle of something promising to give 'warm tingles'. "Along with this too!"