Ladybug

Chat Noir had looked at her as though he wanted to forget dinner and have her as a main course. She'd made the dress to feel powerful, to give her (as Marinette) a chance to stand out in the crowd, she never thought she'd cause her partner in crime to look at her in a ravenous way than he looked at ice cream.

They'd made it to the bar with only a couple of mishaps—mainly on her part—and she felt brighter than the stars. For some reason, Chat Noir had always given her a little more...confidence? She didn't really know what to call it or how to describe it, but she did know he was there, cheering for her, adoring her.

He was everything she wanted, complete with everything she needed. They complemented each other. They were bound together by hope and magic. Best friends—lovers—soulmates. He lifted her up every single time she fell down, as both Ladybug and Marinette. He filled that gap created by having to disregard so much of her childhood to look after others. But, with him, it didn't matter if she missed a party, a concert, a dance...he was there with her on moonlit runs or getting ice cream; he was there for her in a way no one else could be.

Including right now.

"So, Adrien, what brings a handsome fella like you to a place like this?"

Adrien took his beer glass off the table, glaring at Chat Noir as he took a sip. "I'm a cheapskate. They offered me a room for free and I'd be an idiot to say no."

"Just you?" Chat Noir enquired. "Does that mean you invited this lovely lady without permission?"

Adrien shrugged. "Well, when someone asks you a favour and seems pretty desperate and...oh what did they say now? Oh, yes, they needed me. I don't think terms and conditions really apply."

Chat Noir huffed under his breath. She couldn't be 100% sure, but she was almost certain the word that left his mouth started with a b and ended with a turd...or something to that extent.

"This place is very conspicuous. I prefer more low-key affairs." Kagami's sudden review of the hotel broke the tension forming between the two males. What had gotten into them? Unless...

She thought back to a week ago, Chat Noir had taken her (as Marinette) out on an ice cream date. Chat Noir had found out she was in love with Adrien, and maybe Adrien had found out she'd kissed Chat Noir. Was she the underlying issue between the two guys? Was she the problem here?

As Chat Noir made pleasantries with Kagami (obviously there were no issues there), she watched Adrien's face. He didn't seem as warm as usual, his usual tanned skin, less glowing than normal and his eyes just a little sharper, like he was constantly looking out for something. Adrien didn't 'look out', Adrien trusted. Something didn't feel right, but she couldn't quite place her finger on it.

"To be honest, it's not my cup of tea either. Only entitled folk would come here. No offence, Miss Bug."

"Offence taken," she huffed, sweeping her wine from the table and taking a hearty gulp.

The bar was buzzing. It seemed Sunday nights were the night to be here. The guests tended to arrive on a Friday or Saturday, Sunday becoming the day they were settled and ready to party–or so TripAdvisor had told her.

"Nice dress, LB. Did you wear it especially to make your Kitty hot under the collar? I've never seen someone so wrapped around a finger like you have him." Adrien held up his beer before taking a hearty gulp.

Her face went beetroot before passing into aubergine. The temptation to stand up and throw a glass of water at his face was overwhelming.

"She may have me wrapped around her finger, but that's only because I put myself there," Chat Noir responded.