Chat Noir

Adrien stood on the balcony of his new San Valentino residence and watched as the sun's golden light bathed the landscape in a warm, fading glow. The resort was bustling with evening activity, painted in hues of amber and rose by the descending sun. His view extended over terracotta rooftops, winding cobblestone paths, and patrons enjoying their meals alfresco.

In the distance, the coastline sparkled as waves gently rolled onto the sandy shores, reflecting the sky's vivid colours. Seagulls soared overhead, their calls blending with the distant hum of resort life. Beyond the city, verdant hills stretched out into the horizon, crowned by ancient olive groves and cypress trees.

As twilight settled over the island, Adrien felt a sense of tranquillity wash over him, accompanied by Plagg's quiet contentment beside him. The evening promised serenity, the perfect backdrop for reflection amidst the resort's timeless beauty.

"It's gorgeous here, isn't it?" Adrien sighed, his hands expertly fastening his buttons, making sure to roll his sleeves and hide the unique Gabriel label his father stitched into his clothing. The personalised branding of Adrien Agreste—would he ever be free?

"Are we really going to ignore the fact you're now in a relationship with Ladybug?" Plagg raised an eyebrow, a ridiculous smirk plastered over his face.

Adrien shook his head, a pent up amount of breath leaving his mouth as he did. "We're not together. We're just making sure our time here isn't wasted. Who would have thought this resort would be couples only—without being couples only?"

"And what do you think Marinette would say if she found out?" Plagg asked, settling himself down on the balcony.

"She won't find out. Plus, she made it very clear that she didn't love me anymore." Adrien grabbed his ring and spun it around his finger. He thought back to a week ago and Marinette's heartbreaking declaration and trash can full of photos. "Sometimes I wonder if I should just give up on love altogether."

"There's still time. Pigtails is obviously dealing with something at the moment. Just give her a chance to figure herself out, then maybe try again. Or you could just make it real with your partner. She seemed more than willing this afternoon."

"Maybe," Adrien said, leaning his arms forward onto the balcony.

Plagg was right. It didn't take her too long to come up with the convoluted plan that they should 'date' whilst they were here, taking full advantage of the wonderful hotel and all its amenities.

And he couldn't deny that there was still something there between himself and Ladybug. After all, they'd been through a lot, and he did genuinely love her. But Marinette had just...he couldn't even explain it. She was just there and so easy to fall for. She crept under his skin and made herself at home without even trying. The way she was with him was something he hadn't felt in years—apart from with Ladybug.

She was kind, considerate, and strong, and he wanted nothing more than being able to call her his own. But he needed to focus here and now. He'd snuck off to collect his bags and put them into their room without Ladybug noticing, after all, they were plastered in labels stating his true identity which he needed to wrestle off. So now, here he was, spending the week in a one-bedroom villa with his partner... One bedroom. One bed.

He never considered that his first time sleeping with a woman would be like this... To be honest, he wouldn't want anyone to look into his thoughts about his 'first time' at all—sometimes he even disturbed himself.

"Just enjoy the break. Your father doesn't know you're not at home, you're in paradise with someone you care about and who cares about you...and your cousin will be here in the morning. What more could you want?"