PROLOGUE

CAITLIN CLARK, THE SUPERSTAR

The headline rang around Isabella Carvelli's head for weeks after she had read it. The unintentional use of what was once an intimate nickname, had brought her back a million steps, almost as if she was that 17 year old foreign exchange student all over again. What was originally the nightmare of being assigned to West Des Moines, Iowa, had turned into her dream come true. Unduly one day, it just wasn't anymore, and now, she'd do anything to forget about it.

Caitlin Clark hated the nickname. Matter of fact, she hated the use of any nickname that was an appraisal of herself, but that one, that one held a different weight. To think how in love she was at the shy age of 17, and how not a thing has changed at the age of 22, makes her sick to her stomach. No amount of time, lovers, or achievements, could make Caitlin Clark forget about or stop loving Isabella Carvelli.

A PAIR OF PARALLEL LINES THAT HAVE CROSSED.

If you were to ask anyone, they'd say the two of them were the bestest of friends. The bestest of friends two strangers could be in a short span of a few months.

If you were to ask Isabella, she'd say Caitlin intrigued her. She showed her a kind of person she'd never known before. A genuine, and misunderstood one. A 99.9% perfect one.

If you were to ask Caitlin, she'd say Isabella was a part of her. Caitlin wouldn't be who she is without her, and that, is not just something someone can let go. Caitlin swears she can still hear Isabella's laugh, see her smile, and smell her scent all these years later.

A PAIR OF PARALLEL LINES THAT HAVE YET TO CONJOIN.