CHAPTER TEN

「 ✦ STRANGER ✦ 」
CHAPTER TEN

SEPTEMBER 6TH, 2019

girls love caitlin clark and for some reason isabella carvelli hates it. scratch what she said last week, she now hates friday night lights. the crippling amount of girls that have came up and asked caitlin for pictures and the way caitlin's arms sling around their shoulders or waists carelessly, a smile planted firmly across her face. isabella fears she may explode at the sight and she's not sure why.

she figures it's just a little bit of jealousy due to her closest friend having so many close friends herself. she's never really been one to share. after one girl came up to take a selfie, isabella watched as caitlin nuzzled her face into the girls cheek, a feeling of nothing but pure jealousy running through her body.

she's done and she can no longer subject herself to such torture. she makes up an excuse of wanting to go buy something from concessions, denying caitlin's offer to come with. isabella sulks her way towards the stand, slapping a hand to her forehead when she realized she brought no money with her. as she turned around to do the walk of shame back, she bumps into a figure standing awfully close to her.

"i'm sorry." she mutters before looking up to see drew. "oh, you. hi."

"you're not gonna buy anything?" he asks.

"i'm sort of broke." isabella laughs.

"well did you want something? i can get it for you, if you'd like."

isabella shakes her head. "no i couldn't have you do that." she looks back towards the bleachers noticing caitlin taking another picture, this time with a blonde girl who has managed to climb her way onto caitlin's back.

"you sure?" drew asks breaking isabella out of her spell.

"well a slurpee does sound nice." isabella says, taking her eyes off of the upsetting view.

drew smiles ushering her in front of him towards the line. "it does, doesn't it?" once they get to the front they order and drew slips a ten onto the counter. "you can keep the change." he says to the cashier before turning back to isabella. "where's cc? usually you two are inseparable."

"right yeah well she's got a fan club kind of thing going on tonight."

"of course." drew nods. "well that's her loss. you can be apart of my fan club for tonight."

"and why would you have a fan club exactly?" isabella asks, her tone coming off a little rude. "i'm sorry, i didn't mean it like that."

"no you're okay. i'd have a fan club because—well i don't know, but you can figure that out once you spend tonight with me. sound like a deal?"

isabella stares at drew, exhaling a long breath. she knows she probably shouldn't be hanging out with him given whatever the history he and caitlin have, but he seems to be being nice and a nice person is just what she needs for right now.

"yeah alright i guess." isabella finally agrees.

"perfect." drew smiles collecting their items from the counter. they make their way back to the bleachers and into the front row where drew was sitting previously with his friends. "guys this is isabella." drew introduces her to his friends.