CHAPTER ELEVEN

「 ✦ STRANGER ✦ 」
CHAPTER ELEVEN

MAY 11TH, 2024

"caitlin we shouldn't." isa murmurs.

they were laying in caitlin's bed, isa's back to caitlin's front, which isa can't say she was too innocent in picking this position. caitlin was currently sneaking her hand up isa's side, making her way under the hem of her shirt. isa shivers at the feel of her cold fingers on her bare skin.

"we shouldn't?" caitlin asks. "why not?"

isa sighs. she didn't really have an answer as to why not. she was losing the defense she's been trying so hard to upkeep. "why not?" caitlin asks again, pressing her hips closer to isa.

"colin's here." isa says.

she could've come up with a better excuse, but she was starting to lose train of thought with the way caitlin was kneading at her skin.

caitlin chuckles. "that never stopped us before." isa feels her cheeks burning in embarrassment. she attempts to slip out of caitlin's grip but she tightens it. "either give me a real reason or stop fighting."

"caitlin—" isa starts but is soon cut off by caitlin's fingertips creeping under her bra. she goes silent, her head slowly falling back against caitlin's shoulder as she begins massaging her with her hands.

caitlin kisses her now exposed neck. "are you done fighting now?"

MAY 12TH, 2024

isa studies cailtin's expressions on their entire ride to the airport. her face is fairly blank, hand resting and fitted perfectly on the inside of isa's thigh. after last night, she knows they're most likely back to square one, and she only has herself to blame. all these years they still haven't learned how to effectively talk things out, and with caitlin flying out to connecticut later in the afternoon, they wouldn't be able to even attempt a real conversation until far from now.

caitlin puts the car in park once they arrive to the departure terminal. she sighs, squeezing isa's thigh before gently grabbing her hand.

"i'm going to miss you." caitlin frowns. she brings isa's hand to her mouth placing a kiss to her knuckles. "i wish you didn't have to do." she mutters against her hand.

isa rests her head against the headrest of her seat. "i'm going to miss you too caitlin."

caitlin uses her hand to pull isa over the center console, connecting their lips together. isa kisses her back, fitting a hand on caitlin's right cheek. when she pulls away, caitlin kisses the inside of her palm. she sucks in a breath, hiding her face in isa's hand.

"i—i don't want you to go. please don't go." caitlin stutters.

it's not until isa feels the wetness on her hand that she realizes caitlin is crying. it's been a long time since she's been in the presence of a crying caitlin, only ever seeing it two times prior. she hates it now just as much as she did then.

"caitlin..." isa trails off before pulling the girl in for a hug. "don't cry please, you're going to make me cry."

caitlin sniffles, wiping away at her tears before hugging isa back. "i'm sorry."