CHAPTER SIXTEEN

「 ✦ STRANGER ✦ 」
CHAPTER SIXTEEN

OCTOBER 4TH , 2019

"so what do you think?" isabella asks her teacher.

"it's okay, i think it's got potential." mr. turner, the film teacher begins. "but it lacks—well for better words, it lacks personality."

"lacks personality?" isabella repeats.

"dig deeper." he continues. "we all know caitlin has character. a lot of it, to be frank. you've shown some but it just feels like there's something missing. your clip selection makes it seem like there's something hidden right under the surface. if what i'm thinking is true, whatever it is that she's afraid to show, get her to show it."

once their meeting ends, isabella can't shake the conversation from her mind. was caitlin really hiding something? what could it be? now that she's rewatching it, every clip seems fine, but fine isn't good enough. she can't pinpoint what she needs to make it better and it's making her mad.

"hey, what you got there?" drew asks, walking up behind isabella. she folds down her screen before turning to face him. "was that cc?" he asks, attempting to take a closer look at the obstructed screen view.

she thought she was safe from being bothered in the furthest, quietest corner of the library, but turns out she was wrong.

"yeah," she nods, placing her computer down on the table in front of her. "it's for film class."

"and what is it exactly?" drew asks taking a seat next to her.

"a documentary that my teacher said lacks personality."

"well that can't be true, cc has plenty of that." drew jokes.

"and so i'm told." isabella mutters quietly.

was caitlin not being 'interesting enough' on purpose? why could everyone else see it and not her. she sighs dropping her head into her hands. she was going to have to try harder. push further. she needs to find this side of caitlin that everyone insists she's hiding.

"can i watch it?" drew asks attempting to slide the computer his way.

isabella quickly grabs it. "no it's not done yet." she spits out quickly.

drew has already seen more than isabella would've liked. she liked feeling like she had this one thing to herself, this one thing to do with caitlin, specifically.

"jeez okay, i'm sorry." drew chuckles. "i came to find you though because i was wondering if you wanted to hang with me later?"

"oh well i had planned on hanging with caitlin to get some more for the documentary." isabella says.

"but you guys seem to have gotten a lot done already, no?" isabella and caitlin had hung out and filmed 85% of the days since they started the assignment. maybe drew was right. "if it's that important though i understand." he continues.

"yeah, i guess we have done a lot. what did you want to do?" isabella asks.

"sadly with this we can't do anything super fun." drew frowns holding up his cast. "but we could hang at mine, how's that sound?"