CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE

「 ✦ STRANGER ✦ 」
CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR

JUNE 15TH, 2024

Caitlin Clark was a goner the second she laid eyes on Isabella Carvelli.

Her dark wavy hair that shined, and flowed down to her back. Her tan skin that glowed under the sun, like that's where she was always meant to be. Her blinding smile that showed all the way through her eyes, paired with her infectious laugh that always traveled through the entire room.

Caitlin's favorite though? Her enticing accent that sounded like pure heaven on earth. The way she would whisper terms of endearment that were only heard and understood between the two of them drove Caitlin over the edge. The first time Isa had done it was a night Caitlin would never forget. A feeling she would never forget.

Caitlin Clark loved Isabella Carvelli from their very first moment.

And she wasn't the only one.

Colin Clark was 14 when he realized just how big crushes could grow. It was as stereotypical as it could get: A hormonal teenage boy crushing on his sister's new bestfriend.

AUGUST 16TH, 2019

"You play basketball too, Colin?" Isabella asks, her eyes on Caitlin who was shooting out in the court. They had just finished dinner, and the three of them were outside, enjoying the last hot days of summer.

"Oh, yeah. I'm more of a track guy though." Colin answers.

That grabs Isabella's attention, causing her to look over in his direction. "Really? Are you fast?"

Colin chuckles, scratching at his neck. "I mean, a little. I like hurdles the most."

Isabella hums. "That's pretty cool. Maybe I'll check out a race someday."

"Yeah. That'd be pretty cool." Colin says quietly, his cheeks slightly heating up.

Caitlin watches the two of them with a slight in her eyebrow, wondering if she was reading the vibe being put down. She knew her little brother better than she knew anyone, and he was fidgeting way too much for it to be just a normal conversation.

No chance she was going to let that happen.

"Hey, Colin! Come on, let's play horse." Caitlin calls out, dribbling the ball between her legs.

"We're kind of talking here." Colin yells back before continuing to tell Isabella the story about his very first track meet.

Caitlin scoffs, walking over to the table they were sitting at. Isabella smiles as soon as she shows up, patting the chair next to her.

"Sit." Isabella says.

Colin continues on with his story, Caitlin slipping her way onto the chair. She sits through the story, laughing at the parts that she's always laughed at, because it never gets old, no matter how many times she hears it.

"That was pretty funny." Isabella laughs.

"Alright, can we play now?" Caitlin asks, quick to change the subject.

Isabella turns to Caitlin, leaning out of her chair. "What are you guys going to play? I want to play."

"We're gonna play basketball, and I'm not sure you're skilled enough yet."

Isabella gasps, smacking Caitlin's arm. "Can you believe she'd say that to me?" She asks, turning back in Colin's direction.

Colin shakes his head. "No I can't. That wasn't very nice, Caitlin."