CHAPTER::11

"Thank you" as soon as I whispered these words out my throat felt like it was on fire, Damon who was kneeling infront of me gawked at me wide eyed in shock.

         "You spoke!" He whispered in disbelief, i nodded at him and smiled lightly tears streamed down my cheeks, he wiped them gently with the pad of his thumb, i realised that those words the only word I would speak in a while or maybe forever to him.

         I looked at him and hung my head down feeling exhausted from the break down and it felt as if uttering those words alone made me tired, I rubbed my eyes and yawned.

         "You look tired, head to bed we will talk later" I nodded and scooted back in bed and layed down covering myself with blanket, he got up and tucked me in and kissed my forehead lightly.

         "Goodnight cecy" he whispered and left quietly closing the door lightly on his way, it felt as if some weight was lifted from my shoulders as I closed my eyes.

         The darkness embraced me and cradled me to sleep.

                                       ———————∞————————

         As i shot up in my bed I looked around and searched for any potential danger in my sight, i sighed in relief when I realised there was no one beside me in the room I looked at the digital clock.

         It read 03:23 am.

         I huffed and rubbed my face slowly making my way towards the bathroom, I hopped in the shower stripping off the clothes and rubbed myself clean the cuts and bruises were all healed and my ribs looked better.

         I felt a wave of relief wash over me as i realised that they were nothing serious as i dreaded, I got out and grabbed a brush after dropping myself in a towel.

         Without looking at the mirror i combed my hairs and left them to be air dried, I took out a baggy hoodie and sweatpants and wore them slowly, I looked at the clock and it read 4 now I sighed and decided to go to the library.

         I tiptoed out my room and brushed past the other rooms and ambled my way to the library, i grabbed the book that I was reading before i left and sat on the ground after turning on the lights, a sense of peace always washed over me whenever I entered this place.

         I shook all the thoughts out and got engrossed in the book.

         As I was reading I heard some footsteps coming towards the library I looked up and saw Damon coming inside, he neared me and sat down beside me on the floor i look at him questionably, as much as I was scared of him now I felt somewhat more comfortable around him than the others.

         "It's breakfast time" , as he said softly i stretched my legs and got up gesturing him to let's go, I left the book on the nearby sitting place wanting to continue the reading session after breakfast.

         As soon as we entered everyone looked at me, I felt weird under all the attention and squirmed uncomfortably, sitting down in my usual place beside Damon I heard someone clearing their throat.

         I looked up and saw Domenico looking at me, studying me, trying to gawk out what was going in my mind, i raised my eyebrow at him feeling a little daring.

         He looked a little taken aback but nonetheless opened his mouth and asked me the question that I was dreading, "what happened last night?" His voice soft, I looked down and fumbled around to find my notebook.

         I realised I lost it and looked down but then Damon nudged me lightly i looked up and saw him holding out my notebook to me I smiled at him gratefully taking it from him.