The Reunion

The good old days

"I wonder what is taking them so long?"
"I bet Chika is just getting confused.", Shindou replied to Miyamura's question.

They were both waiting in front of a gift shop for Hori and Chika to come out. Miyamura was wearing a black T-shirt with a violet shirt on it, two buttons from top undone and its full sleeve rolled to half, and black trousers, and a few earrings. Shindou styled himself with a white baggy hoodie and pair of jeans. Shindou and Chika were going to meet Shindou's parents over dinner. Miyamura was going to attend a reunion of his high-school friends, Hori accompanying him of course.

"Shouldn't you be wearing something more formal?", asked Miyamura. "It is fine, they are my parents, I would care for formality when I meet her parents." Before Miyamura could reply to him he heard a call, "Ikkun! We are here!"

There came Hori adorned with a velvet red top and a black long skirt with small red frills at the bottom and thin silver chain around the neck and a matching bracelet on her right wrist. Chika came too wearing violet colored full sleeve top and a jet-black skirt reaching mid-way her knees and feet. She was carrying a small paper bag in her left hand.

"Hori-san! Don't call me that in public please!"

"Why? What is wrong with that Ikkun?", replied Hori as if she didn't know already.

Before they could finish their squabbling Shindou called out to Miyamura, "Oi! We are leaving, meet up with me and Tanihara sometime, you should not forget your middle-school friends you know." It was late in the Autumn evening. "Yea he called me recently, we meet at my cake-shop quite often.", replied Miyamura. Both the couples said their farewells and went on.

Late in Autumn winter they were going to meet their high-school friends at karoke. The list consisted of Ishikawa, Yuki, Yanagi and then entire student council. "Say Hori-san, aren't Souta and Yuuna-chan dating?", asked Miyamura in a casual way.

"You are slow as ever aren't you Ikkun, of course they are."

"I am just glad Souta turned out how he is, I was quite afraid."
"Why?"

"Nothing special.", replied Miyamura imagining Kyosuke's face.

After some time, they reached the karoke. They were the last ones to arrive. They were greeted by Ishikawa, wearing a medium grey full sleeve sweater and a pair of jeans, and Yuki who dressed herself with a black single piece long frock with green polka dots and a green head band with a small flower on it.

"Oi Miyamura! What took you so long?", asked Ishikawa.

"Nothing, just met up with Shindou."

Meanwhile Yuki and Hori were talking and giggling slightly. Ishikawa and Yuki still had uncertainty in their relation, they seemed to be friends, but ever so often more than that. In the background Sengoku was ordering something and Remi was hanging by his arm, smiling. They both were engaged. Yanagi and Sakura were seemed to be finishing their conversation to join Miyamura and Hori. They were dating, their love for the same manga seemed to have done wonders. Miyamura and Hori were the only ones with their marriage date fixed, they also wanted to use this occasion to invite all of them. Their families had insisted on the marriage, especially Kyosuke.

Sakura with in her sleeveless dark green top and a black long skirt with a matching dark green pattern greeted the late arrived couple. Yanagi wore an outfit similar Miyamura's, only difference being his shirt being light grey and all his buttons done, except the collar, proceeded to greet Miyamura as Hori and Hori as Miyamura.

"Finally finished ordering!", Sengoku exhaled loudly wearing his red shirt with two pockets on his chest. All buttons done up till collar and full sleeves as full, and dark brown trousers. Remi wore a cherry-colored long frock with white floral designs and a black collar with a small red stud in the front. "Hori - san! Miyamura – kun! Come here!", Remi invited them near her and Sengoku and a small pile of lists of various things the karoke place offered.

While the entire group gathered at one spot to discuss food, music, dress and couple stories, the now – single – recently – heart broken – boy came through the door after using the rest room. Iura was wearing a moss green slim hoodie and pair of jeans. He exclaimed loudly, "WOW! FINALLY EVERYONE IS HERE!". Everyone looked at him silently, for quite a while. "HEY NOW WHAT IS WITH THIS SILENT GREETING, AREN'T YOU EXCITED!!!". "Iura-san, I thought you would bring Yukino-san with you.", said Miyamura ignorant to Iura's broken heart. Everyone started laughing as Iura squabbled with Miyamura over his situation.

As the evening proceeded to become night, they started to enjoy their time. They drank, ate, sang, sometimes Iura would even break into dance, they also talked of their school days. How they all met. How Miyamura bashed his head into Sengoku's. About Miyamura's tattoos. The sports festival and the graduation speech. How Sawada and Miyamura would fight over Hori. Sakura's famous Sakura cookies. How Iura was troubled for not finding a girlfriend. The topic of Iura reminded them that his sister, Motoko, was dating this boy named Kitahara. To which Iura replied, "Damn him, for coming near my sister." They talked how Sengoku is still afraid of going to Remi's house, and had a hot debate to help Yanagi sort out his problem with broken glasses and lost contacts. Hori and Miyamura declared they will host their wedding in October this year.

They laughed, argued and most of all, had fun.

As the clock came near the midnight's call, they realized they had a few things to eat but no drinks remaining. "I am not going to order anything now, already tired of it.", declared Sengoku whose duty had been to order food and drinks. No one else stood up to order so Remi suggested, "Why don't we have a match of rock-papers-scissors to decide two people to fetch drinks from the vending machine in the hallway?" Everyone agreed to it. There was a song playing on the speakers, a new song called- Iro Kousui. They all formed a circle and played. Hori and Miyamura lost.

"Why is it always you two who lose, huh?", asked Ishikawa.

"Don't take long you two, last time you did Ishikawa had a panic attack."

"Oi! Iura! Shut up!"

The two of them went to bring the drinks after collecting money, just like the days from high-school. A lot seemed to have changed since then, but lot seemed to have not. For now they were enjoying just like they had in their high-school, just like the good old days.

THE END