Sakura and Yanagi: The Book We Share

I want to share this book, the words and all with you...

May 22nd

In the heat of Summer, just a few weeks after graduating highschool, Sakura went to her usual bookstore. She continued to follow her favorite manga that was published in Weekly Shinobi. She still enjoyed reading it even after her graduation. Shuffling among the shelves, she took a brief round across the store eyeing out for a book that may pique her interest. After her usual routine tour, she went to the shelf with the magazines.

The new chapter of Konoha is here!

With only one copy of Weekly Shinobi remaining on the shelf. She reached out for it, when another hand touched hers. She looked back and found it was.... Yanagi!

"Yanagi-kun?! What are you doing here?", she asked in surprise.

"Oh, Kono-san! The magazine stock near my house ran out so I went here to get it instead."

"I see, there's only one left here too...... Yanagi-kun, you can have this, if you want."

"No no, you should have it Kono-san, you came first."

The two went back and forth a few times before Yanagi came up with a solution, "Then how about this, I will buy it and lend it to you and you can return it to me some other day."

"But how can – ", Sakura's refusal was immediately overpowered by Yanagi's glowing smile .

HOW CAN ANYONE EVER REFUSE HIM!!!.

They walked to the counter where Yanagi paid for the book.

"Kono-san! Here!". Said Yanagi as he held out the book.

"Thank you so much Yanagi-kun!".

"Ah,..no worries, here you go"

As she received it, his gentle face reminded her of something

Wait...didn't something exactly like this happen before when we were still in school?

"Ummm, Yanagi-kun, I'll try to finish this by Sunday, how can I return it to you? "

"Hmmm...... I know a place nearby, it's an outdoor Café, how about we both meet up there?"

After their time at the store, they sat at the Café and talked a lot. Laughing and reminiscing about the old days, about their beach trip with the whole group and how much fun they had. Soon their talk ended and they were ready to leave. As they walked out the door, a strong gust of wind blew right past them, making Sakura's hair scatter. She blocked it with her hands and in due struggle, looked up ahead and met the pink bright eyes of Yanagi. At that moment, his eyes seemed to be glued to her.

"Yanagi-kun? ..What's wrong?"

He suddenly leaned in close to her. As Yanagi's face got closer and closer to hers, he slowly raised his hand towards the side of her face. His fingers lightly grazed across her right ear as they reached for the back of her head, Sakura blushed.

"Ya-Yanagi-kun! Wh-what are you doi-" Sakura closed her eyes as his face got even closer, she could feel his faint breath on her cheek .....

"And..... there you go!".

Sakura opened her eyes and saw Yanagi holding a small leaf on his hand

"It got blown and stuck to your hair, sorry if I startled you there Kono-san "

Unsure of what to do, Sakura ran away.

I CAN'T TAKE THIS ANYMORE!!! WHAT EVEN.. JUST HAPPENED?!?!?!