The Cultural Festival

The cultural festival...

Is not so annoying anymore...

Chapter I: Butterflies in my stomach

Cool early winter breeze flew through the open windows along with sunlight, brightening the classroom packed with students. Yasuda standing in front. "Now everyone! One by one we will take in different ideas for what our class will be doing for the cultural festival. Then I will leave the decision to you, is that clear?", he announced in a rather commanding tone.

He's finally acting like a proper teacher for once. The students thought

After getting a resounding "YES!" In response, they began with the ideas.

"Let's do a food stall"

"Or a cosplay booth?"

"Nah, we don't have enough resources to do that"

"How about a maid cafe?",

"Yeah, that sounds like fun!"

"Wait! We should totally do a haunted house! I have just the right idea!!", Hori told everyone passionately.

The words sent a shiver down Miyamura's spine as he remembered the movie he watched with her last night. She seemed to enjoy it quite a lot.

I don't have a good feeling about this...

"W-why don't we just do a maid cafe?", Miyamura protested trying to not sound as desperate as he was.

"But class 3-5 is already doing a maid cafe", she responded, smiling menacingly.

A slight murmur began in the back of the class.

"Hey isn't that the class of student council president?"

"Yea, Ayasaki-san is in that class."

"Wait! Ayasaki in a maid costume! She would be so cute!~"

"Aww man, I wanna see her in a maid costume too!"

"If Ayasaki san dresses as a maid, we stand no chance of opening a cafe, no one would visit us!!"

The room was filled with a defeated atmosphere. Fearing the lack of customers, a haunted house was agreed on. Miyamura was distraught.

What is life....

The door suddenly opened

"So! What type of maid cafe is it going to be? What's the theme?"Yasuda came back with aspirations that were crushed immediately. Thus it was decided that their class would be doing a haunted house.

*****

Winter breeze continued to pour in the student council room through the windows that were opened habitually by Remi. The entire gang sat, discussing the upcoming festival. Remi's class was going to do a maid cafe. Iura's class, mainly composed of theater kids, will be performing a play. Yanagi would not be taking part in any of the class's activities as he volunteered to help around.

"So Hori, what would be the theme of your Haunted house? We need to start the preparations by tomorrow.", Sengoku inquired.

"I have been researching quite a lot about this! I finally found what was needed. 'The Evil Vampire and the Helpless Maiden', I saw it with Miyamura yesterday!", she responded enthusiastically.

Everyone turned their gaze towards Miyamura who looked visually shook by merely

remembering the story.

This is bad... They all thought.

"The entire house will be based on the movie. Boys and girls will be vampires chasing and scaring the visitors in different ways as in the movie. And in the end, Miyamura will be the vampire and I will be the helpless maiden, he will hunt me down and as I shout for help he will start chasing the visitors!", she explained her devious plot passionately. She was bright-eyed by the mere hope that amidst the act Miyamura would be harsh on her.