Space Wars: Part 1

Incited by the anguish of betrayal,

The child became a monster hellbent for revenge...

THE SPACESHUTTLE

The space shuttle drifted in the dark lonely space, stars being the only company. Miyamura checked the dashboard for some readings and called out, "Captain Hori! Everything here seems fine!" Hori looked back sitting on a chair and replied, "Fine, fine. And how many times must I tell, you can me just Hori when we are alone."

"As you say, Captain Hori..", replied Miyamura smiling teasingly. The air of intimacy was interrupted by an energetic voice as Souta came, "You two are not alone! I am here too!!".

They were wearing similar dresses, a white and black tight suit and a brown long jacket reaching up to their knees. Hori also wore a brown cap signifying her position as the ship captain.

Though too young, being a genius Souta was admitted for work experience at her sister's ship. It was just a normal patrol around the unknown planets. A new set of habitable planets were discovered around the Katagiri Cluster's solar system – 3A. They needed to go past it and take images and Magic-profiles. Routine work for people as experienced as Miyamura and Hori.

They were stationed at a suitable position and now needed to take the images and profiles. "Souta!! Come here, let me teach you this!", Hori called Souta to make him take the data. After some button smashing, sibling fighting and Miyamura calming them the data was taken and sent to the Sengoku Council. All that was left, was to return back, but.

"Souta! Come here! Let me show you something!!.", she called Souta near the escape pod door. Miyamura wondered, What she needs to show there? Hmmmm.. she must be re- teaching him how to operate it. Even though Souta knew how to, operating escape pods were both important and risky. One wrong move and the person might be left in the space drifting with no protection.

Souta went running to her sister. He stood in front of the door and Hori behind him. The door opened and Souta asked, "What now Onee-san?!". No reply came. Suddenly the air thickened, the atmosphere tensed. And in a split-second Hori pushed Souta through the door and closed it.

"Capta—Hori-san!! What did you do!!!", screamed Miyamura in confusion. Hori turned back with a smile on her face. The hat on her head moved and a white cat came from it. It sat on Hori's shoulder. Hori rubbed its chin with one finger and turned to Izumi and asked,

"Now Miyamura, that I have betrayed the council at the cost of my brother. Now that I am going to join our enemy. Whom do you choose? Tell me Miyamura, me or Souta."

Miyamura stood as silent, as the vast dark space surrounding them.

THE SENGOKU COUNCIL

"Sengoku-kun ~, did you have your dinner?", Remi asked smiling. She had made the dinner and was excited to know how her boyfriend-president liked it.

"Not yet", replied Sengoku in a dry voice as he looked through some papers in his hand. "Aww~, you should take care of yourself more...", Remi advised in a dejected voice.

She turned towards the door to leave but before she could, the door opened and out came Sakura running and panting. She bumped into Remi and they both fell over.

"What's commotion? What happened Sakura?", asked Sengoku in a rather stern voice of annoyance. As much as he loved them, he did not like much play during work, especially when he was going over important documents such as now.

In panic Sakura started stuttering as if words were stuck in her throat. Remi slapped her on the back as if pushing the words out, and out they came, "HORI HAS BETRAYED US!!"