Chapter 8

Itadori: so how are you supposed to fight against that corrupt empire again?

Itadori asked Y/N for the umpteenth time.

Although, both Megumi and Kugisaki were curious as to how Y/N even plans on accomplishing what he told everyone earlier.

Y/N: It's complex, just like I told you before.

Megumi: We know that. We're curious as to what it actually is. What you said earlier isn't exactly concrete nor conclusive.

Y/N:(sighs) firstly, I need to gather information, both from inside the empire and throughout its neighboring villages and tribes. I have a feeling there's something deeper than just forcibly taking control of every land they come across.

Kugisaki: ...what?

Y/N: What I mean is that the movements of the Empire, as well as it's attacks to seize control of their neighboring land may be more planned that one would expect.

Itadori: ...I think I get it, but how does that relate to your plan?

Y/N: It gives me a layout for how they move, and how big the groups they move in. This also lets me know just how guarded the Empire itself would be.

Y/N: Another thing I need is to find out why the citizens themselves aren't fighting for a better life.

Itadori: Wouldn't it be because of the corrupt and oppressive force of the Empire?

Both Kugisaki and Megumi nodded their heads at that.

Y/N: If that was all, revolutions wouldn't happen throughout history, Itadori. Something is missing or more likely, something is keeping them from rebelling full on.

Y/N: An Empire without its subjects is no Empire. There's something preventing them from rebelling.

Y/N: My guess, is the lack of unison from its citizens, as well as lack of credible information. Further dividing them could also be a spread of misinformation.

Kugisaki: Spread of misinformation? How does that affect rebelling against a corrupt higher power?

Megumi: I think I get it. Most adults are already aware of their situation there and their solution is to behave like normal citizens and pray they don't get targeted by the officials. If they wanted a better life, they would most likely think of ways like currying favor from those officials.

Y/N: Suggesting a rebellion against said higher power isn't just difficult to pull off. In their eyes, it's too optimistic and would most likely result in them thinking of you as naive.

Y/N: They don't know a better life exists at all, so they aren't willing to risk a solution that might do them in more harm than good.

Y/N: That is where the spread of misinformation and lack of credible information comes. They essentially remove all will to fight for a better tomorrow by removing the concept of a better tomorrow.

Megumi: Only by losing everything will they even commit to such a risky solution.

Y/N: Exactly.

The duo nodded, seemingly understanding the gist of it all.

Y/N: By the way, Itadori. Has Sukuna ever tried to pull anything at you?

Itadori only shook his head.

Itadori: Since your arrival around six months ago, he's been strangely quiet.

Y/N pondered for a bit before shaking away the thoughts.

Y/N: Let me know if he does. I'll go get some stuff ready for this.

Kugisaki: Are you sure you don't want any help, Y/N? It's safer if we all stick together, especially with how hands on you'll be at this.