❛❛𝙙𝙤 𝙞 𝙠𝙣𝙤𝙬 𝙮𝙤𝙪?❜❜

a/n

im back ;0

(they're about 24 years old in this story, ;)

"Keefe, I'm so so sorry!" Sophie cried.

"Shh, i-it's okay," He whispered. 

"No no no! Please stay with me!" 

"I'm just going to close my eyes," He went on. "For a little bit."

"NO! You keep your eyes open, Sencen."

He laughed then winced. "I'm the only one who can do last names,"

"Keefe be quiet," She sobbed.

"I'm okay, I'm gonna be okay,"

But he was saying this as he was in a pool of his own blood, bleeding everywhere. A fight with the Neverseen went wrong. Her boyfriend was stabbed; multiple times.

"Love, please. Don't cry," He raised a pale hand to wipe a tear.

"Keefe please, hold on." Sophie sobbed harder.

"Shh, I'm okay. It's okay," He whispered.

His body went limp. His breathing slowed, then stopped. 

"NO!" Sophie screamed.

---

Sophie awoke in a cold sweat. She patted beside her, looking for Keefe.

But he was gone. Dead.

The reminded made her cry. Hard. Iggy flew to her shoulder and chirped. He seemed sad too. After Keefe died, Iggy stopped being his usual self. Like the death impacted him too.

The death impacted Sophie hard. She stopped being able to sleep, insomnia got the best of her. She started having nightmares that stopped after she and Keefe moved in together. She stopped being able to focus.

She stopped being able to do anything.

It was like the sadness paralyzed her.

The empty side of the bed made Sophie shake. Usually, when she had her nightmares, Keefe would hold her and squeeze her tight.

But now, there was no one. No one to comfort her. She couldn't hail Eda or Grady since it was the middle of the night.

Silveny was busy with her own children, so she couldn't calm her nightmares.

All her friends had their own lives. Dex and Marella were in the forbidden cities on a mission. Tam and Biana had a child. 

Sophie was alone. 

---

The next morning, Sophie needed to go to Atlantis for a trip.

She needed to get out of the house.

Her and Keefe would always go to Atlantis. whether it was for food or just for a fun date night.

Sophie needed the comfort of those happy memories. She needed them.

She used her crystal and went through all the nonsense to get there (a/n im too lazy to write it)

Sophie darted through the bustling streets of Atlantis. The soft hum of elvin music coursed through the streets, harmonizing with the gentle swaying of the kelp gardens and the rhythmic pulse of the city's magical barriers.

She moved with purpose, her silken dress flowing behind her like a second skin, her heart pounding as she navigated through the dense crowd. Atlantis was alive with activity