♡❝𝙡𝙤𝙫𝙚 𝙮𝙤𝙪.❞ ❝𝙬𝙝𝙤 𝙙𝙤𝙚𝙨?❞♡

a/n

IM ON FIREEEEEEE

The morning light seeped through the curtains, illuminating the room slightly.

Sophie stirred first, her eyes fluttering open as she adjusted to the soft light. She smiled as she felt Keefe's arm draped over her waist, his breath steady and warm against the back of her neck. She could feel the rise and fall of his chest against her back, each breath a reassuring reminder of his presence.

Slowly, she turned in his arms to face him, careful not to disturb his sleep. She took a moment to simply watch him, her heart swelling with affection as she took in his peaceful expression. His tousled hair and slightly parted lips made him look endearingly vulnerable, a stark contrast to his usual confident demeanor.

Unable to resist, Sophie reached out and gently traced her fingers along his jawline, her touch feather-light. Keefe stirred at the contact, his eyelids fluttering before he slowly opened his eyes. A sleepy smile spread across his face as he focused on her.

"hi," he murmured, his voice husky with sleep.

"Hello," she replied softly, her own smile mirroring his.

Keefe tightened his hold on her, pulling her closer until their bodies were pressed together. He buried his face in the crook of her neck, inhaling deeply. "You smell nice," he said, his voice muffled against her skin.

Sophie giggled, her fingers threading through his hair. "That's probably just my shampoo."

"Well, I like it," he replied, his lips brushing against her collarbone.

They lay like that for a while, simply enjoying the closeness and the quiet intimacy of the early morning. Sophie felt a sense of contentment wash over her, the kind that only came from moments like these—moments where everything felt right and the world outside ceased to matter.

Keefe's hand began to trace lazy patterns on her back, his touch sending shivers down her spine. "What time is it?" he asked, his voice still thick with sleep.

Sophie glanced at the clock on the nightstand. "It's just after seven. We still have plenty of time before we need to get up."

"Good," he said, nuzzling her neck. "Because I comfy."

She laughed softly, her fingers continuing their gentle exploration of his hair. "Me too."

They fell into a comfortable silence, the only sounds being their breaths and the faint noise of the city outside. Sophie could feel the steady beat of Keefe's heart against her chest, a soothing rhythm that made her feel safe and loved.

Keefe mumbled something that Sophie couldn't make out.

"What?" Sophie laughed.

"mhm," Keefe nuzzled closer.

"Love, what did you say?" Sophie asked.

Silence.

He's asleep.

"I'm not," Keefe said finally.

"You read my mind. Are you sure you're not the telepath?"

Keefe felt the vibration of his laugh. 

"What do you want to do today?" Keefe asked after a while, his fingers tracing gentle circles on her back.

Sophie thought for a moment. "Honestly, I wouldn't mind just staying here for a while. Maybe we could make breakfast together later and then go for a walk at Havenfield?"