Chapter Seven: Park Playdates

We arrive at the park as Alex walks next to me on the pathway.
"So what are we going to teach young Aggie today?" Alex says cutely, almost as if our egg baby was real.
"You gave her a nickname?" I say as I scrunch my nose.
He chuckles, "Of course I did. She's our bundle of joy."

I narrow my eyes at him until an idea pops in my mind. "Maybe we could do a collage of pictures of Agnes in different areas of the park and name the importance of nature for children, and the importance of community."
He grins at me, "That's why I'm glad you're my baby daddy, Cammie. Parenting is hard, but you make it easy." He winks at me as I scoff.
"The only reason we're on this project together is because you got me in trouble."
"Mhm. I'm sure that's all that it was." He winks once more... he's sickening.

His level of stupidity continues to amaze me.
"Shall we find a spot for Aggie to take a picture?" I say trying to avert his attention.
"Aww. So you do like the nickname." He says as he cusps his hands together and places them on his heart.
"It's easy to say. Shut up." I cross my arms as I pout.

He always finds a way to annoy me no matter what. We walk along the trail as we come across the nature trail, that leads off into the playground.
"How about the swings?" Alex says as he smiles.
"How is that developing?" I ask squinting my eyes at him.
"Motor skill?" He basically asks.

He's kind of right I guess.
"Sure." We place Agnes on the swing as Alex begins to take the picture.
"Say cheese." He says to the egg as he takes the photo causing me to laugh.
"You're ridiculous." I say as he tilts his head in confusion.
"I'm just being a good daddy." He steps in closer to me, almost inches away as he puts his phone away.
"I'm good at my job." He leans in and whispers in my ear sending shivers down my spine.

What the hell is that? I step backwards as I'm taken aback by my own reaction to him. I shake it off as I roll my eyes and begin to walk away from him.
"We have more work to do." I say as I begin to scan the park. "Let's take a couple more pictures, mental skill and maybe like a uh... a picture we can take of baby Aggie near the pond for like, economical importance." I say as Alex nods in agreement.
"See, I told you... you're a pro." He smirks.

I scrunch my nose at him as I try to think of an idea for mental skill. The block building station would be perfect.
"Let's take a picture at the block building station." I say as we begin to walk towards the blocks. As we near the blocks I see a few people sitting on the benches across from them, underneath the awning. Alex begins to yell causing me to jump. So much has happened today... my nerves aren't doing the best.

"Tiny! What're you doing here?" Alex calls out to the benches area. He walks over towards them as I follow him.
"Hey Alex! Not much watching my niece for the day. I thought I'd bring her to the park." She tells Alex right as a little girl with long blonde hair and a pink little romper runs up to her and starts giggling.

"Titi! I want ice cweam." She says mispronouncing the word, causing all of us to smile.
"In just a minute Jasmine, we'll go get some!" She says excitedly as the little girl screams in excitement, "Yay! Ice cweam!" repeatedly. She walks back off to the playground as Tiny shakes her head smiling.
"A ball of sunshine and energy, that one is."
"She seems like a great kiddo." Alex says as Tiny finally notices my lanky small self behind Alex. He's super tall.
"No way! Cameron?!"
"Hey Tiny, it's great to see you again." I say as she stands up and hugs me.

She giggles as she punches Alex in the arm playfully.
"What are you doing at the park, of all places Alex?" She asks, but shortly she averts her attention to me.
"Did you get him to come out?" She asks as she places her hands on her hips.
"We have a project." He says answering for me as he holds up Agnes the egg to show Tiny.