Personal Issues

Shoto and I sat at the forest's lip, quietly eating pieces of buttered toast as we waited for seven A.M. to roll around. As Pixie-Bob had explained, training started early in the morning and lasted late into the afternoon. Shoto is a sucker for keeping habits up, so he still woke me up at five to train with him. We'd gone into the woods and found a clearing by a lake, warming up and battling. I won this time, the lake a major advantage. 

I finished my toast shortly after getting it, hungry and tired. Dusting my hands off, my eyes wandered to my watch. "Hey, Sho," I nudged him gently. He looked towards me, humming in surprise. "It's six-thirty. Do you think we should stay here longer or make our way back over to camp? I can already see people starting to wander about." Shoji walked out of his cabin to prove my point, stretching all six of his arms.

"Do we have to?" Shoto complained as if he was a slightly mature child. "I don't want to go back. It's much quieter out here," He finished his toast, dusting the crumbs off his clothes. "Plus, it's nice to have some alone time." I hum in agreement, sighing. 

"As long as we're not late," I responded, letting him win. "If we are, then you're going to be the one I point my finger to," I smirked as he chuckled, rolling his eyes. We then sat there in familiar silence for the next fifteen minutes.

Sighing, I pushed myself up and looked back at Sho. He copied me, then closely followed while we made our way over to the centre of the camp. It was an open space, with enough room to hold both Class 2-A and 2-B. Since it was just about to hit seven, Aizawa Sensei was standing towards the right side, while he left Vlad King, Class 2-B's homeroom teacher, on the left. I assumed our classes would train together, but I realized we were sharing the space, not working together.

Shoto and I went our separate ways, finding our friend groups. I stood next to Mina and Kirishima, distancing myself from Bakugou. He looked bored, his hands in his pockets and his eyes only half-open. 

"Hi, Y/n!" Mina waved softly when she noticed me, stifling a small yawn. "This sucks," she whined playfully, pouting slightly. "Why do we have to wake up so early?" Kirishima and I chuckled as Mina crossed her arms. "We could've at least been allowed to sleep until 8," 

"How do you expect to get any training in, then?" Joked Kirishima, nudging her. "If you didn't have to wake up early, you'd sleep in until three," That earned a laugh from me, joined in with Kirishima and Mina. I glanced between the two, rearranging myself to scoot them closer to each other. 

Just as Sero and Denki showed up, Aizawa Sensei started to speak. They sighed, making it in the nick of time.  "'Kay, everyone," Spoke our sleep-deprived teacher. His arms were crossed, not bothering to push his hair out of his face. "You know the drill. We're training till four, then you'll have a quick snack and then you're free to do whatever," He glanced over at Vlad King, who was giving the same talk to his students. I could spot Hitoshi's purple hair in the crowd, but he was standing on the other side of Kendo, so I doubted if he spotted me. "You know the rules. No dying, don't disturb the other class and don't decide to go hiking without telling anyone. Are we good?" Aizawa Sensei spoke casually, not caring what happened and who was listening.

"Yes, Sensei," Chorused the class, soft and sleepy. I don't blame them; I can only get up at seven since I'd been getting up at five since I was little. Sleeping until seven is a rare luxury compared to what I've dealt with. 

The class slowly started to evaporate, heading off in different directions. I followed Denki, Sero, Kirishima, Mina, and Bakugou toward a large field, not unlike the centre of the camp. The only thing separating it from view was a divider made of tall pine trees. It looked as if it was meant to be an empty area made for battling, but the grass had grown over the dirt placed. Now it seemed like the ideal spot to escape the rest of the class.