15

Things at home have been better.

Mom tries to hit me, but every time she does, an officer is there to stop her.

Dad, he's gone to therapy to be a better father, and husband. He's really improved, but I'm hoping he can stick to it.

As for me, I have therapy every week, five days a week. I get Saturday and Sundays off. Those are the days I spend with Jace and Jaslyn.

"Evelynn, are you ready?" My dad calls from my door.

"Uh, yeah. Just a sec," I respond.

I have decided to wear a cute ruffle dress for therapy today. It's a light yellow, with a white belt around the waist.

My hair is in a side braid, a few strands hanging loose.

I've put on some mascara, a little, not a lot, and some shinning lipgloss.

My shoes are actually Jaslyn's. They're black sandals, and pretty comfy, if you ask me.

This is the first time I've decided to get dressed up; especially for therapy.

Usually I'd wear jeans and a hoody, or sweatpants and a tank top with a zip up jacket.

"Ready," I say as I walk out of my room.

"Wow. You're all dressed up for therapy," dad says as he takes a glance at me.

"Yeah, but I haven't dressed up since the incident, and I thought I could today." I smile.

"Well, you look lovely, Eve." Dad says, giving me a hug. "Should we take your mom with us?"

"I think so, just so we won't come home to find a bloody suicide." I say shivering

The officers have the day off, thankfully because they needed it. They've been here since I was released, and I'm sure they wouldn't want to keep looking after a family that isn't their own.

"Right," Dad says. He finds Mom laying in the bed, drunk. "Amanda, come on."

I walk to their bedroom to assist him.

"Mom, come on." I pull her up as dad takes her left side.

We both support her with our bodies and walk her to the car.

"I hate you two. I wish you were dead, especially that fuck back there." Mom slurs out

I admit, it hurts, and I flinch, but I give my dad a smile.

"We're checking her in today." Dad assures as he drives to the nearest rehabilitation center.

"They're gonna be blown away," I laugh as we park.

"Whys that?" Dad asks as he and I get Mom out of the car

"Because I was here two months ago, and now they're getting my mother." I close the car door.

"Your mother needs help. We can't keep living like this. You and I are trying to get better, but your mother makes things hard."

"I know, Dad." I say.

We reach the front desk and instantly I notice Camille.

"Evelynn! Hello!" Camille escapes from behind the desk to hug me.

"Hey, Camille." I say, hugging back.

"You look lovely. How are you?"

"Thank you. I'm doing better. How are you?" I ask

"I'm wonderful." She notices my parents, mostly my dad holding my mother upright. "How are they?"

"Dads getting therapy, too. He and I are here to check my mom into rehab. She's been using alcohol, and possibly drugs, since I've been released. On the way here, she even said she wishes I was dead." I sigh.

"Well, I'm glad you're not. We can try to help her." Camille returns back behind the desk to sign my mom in.

"Thank you so much," Dad says as they put Mom in a straight jacket.

He seems relieved that she's out of our hold, but he also seems hurt that she's gone.

"Come on, Dad. We have therapy. She'll be fine." I assure as I drag him out.

I tell everyone bye, and give hugs.

If it weren't for them and Jace, I don't know where I'd be today.

I owe them my life, words can't thank them enough.