Prologue

Up until the point of Scott entering Ramona's house for the first time, everything has been the same.

     Scott tumbled through the door into Ramona, the hard feeling of ice and snow immediately contrasted by the firm wood floors of her apartment. He immediately backed off as he stumbled into her personal space. "Oops sorry!" He stammered with a blush, Ramona quickly smiling back as she put her coat to the side. "Sorry yourself." 

 "Glad this wasn't a real date, or this would count as a disaster huh!" Scott chuckled to himself nervously as he sat his parka down.

"So, this is your apartment? Bigger than mine." Scott continued while glancing around the room

"I mean, it's kind of empty, I don't even have a couch." Ramona chuckled as she leaned down to greet her cat, then walking into the kitchen. "You want some tea? I can get you some." She offered while casually while flicking through some tea packets in the top cabinets.

"Uh Nah, going through that door made me kind of queasy, maybe just some water?" Scott politely deflected, scooting awkwardly into the chair at the small dining-room table while slightly shivering.

"You sure dude? You're shivering, I really don't mind, I didn't even buy these anyway, they were going away gifts from... a friend." Ramona pressed as she picked out a random packet, ready to offer some to Scott, who was glancing down at her cat.

"No really it's fine, just some water for me." He said with a nervous grin, and Ramona felt she shouldn't argue so she just shrugged and poured him a cup of water, handing it over to him
"If you say so..."

Gideon (the cat) meanwhile started to sniff at Scott as Ramona set a timer for her tea to cool down "Hey, at least let me get you a blanket," and with that Ramona calmly left the room, leaving Scott alone, which served to make him more nervous as he glanced down into his cup.

Eventually he got impatient and wandered into Ramona's room.

"Dude I'm changing." Ramona said in mock surprise, half expecting this to happen.

Scott's heartbeat only increased as he quickly covered his eyes "Oh geez sorry! I didn't mean to. I'm just cold, and innocent! Very innocent!" He insisted, only making him feel more out of place and awkward.

Ramona scooted closer. "It's okay I'm... cold too." She said in slight mumble, trying to ease his nerves by getting closer and cupping his face with one hand. Scotts shivering still hadn't ceased by this point, intensified by his nervousness, or maybe caused by it.

Scott stared in shock for a moment, then his mind started to race. And his head started to glow. "Actually, maybe I should go! I just uh, I think my roommate needed me to do something for him! Yeah, wouldn't want Wallace upset with me!" Scott found himself tripping over his own words, his feelings of inadequacy bubbling up even further as he shuffled out of the room, to Ramona's genuine surprise. And with this surprise came a short moment of an inability to really process what was going on, just brief enough to let Scott gather up his coat and slam the front door shut as he ran away in the snowstorm, his stomach-ache combining with a pang of insecurity in his upper gut.

Ramona just sat there a bit confused, and a strange feeling crept up on her, one she hadn't ever felt before. One she couldn't quite place.

...

Gideon Graves faced an array of monitors, he had watched this whole thing unfold, the minute he saw that Ramona had a new suitor he contacted Mathew Patel and sent him off to dispatch Ramona's new boyfriend, no need to bring him here when he could send him right away. He didn't expect the glow to take effect so soon after he caused it to spread to Scott from Ramona, but that was fine, just meant more control.