6.1 Cool

(You're allowed to skip this one if you want to get back to the main conflict, there just wasn't a good place to put this besides here! Takes place on a day in-between Ramona and Negascott going to the video-store)

Negascott comfortably stretched out on the futon, absent mindedly looking around. At least he had someone other than Wallace who knew him now. And he had something he was working towards, trying to find Scott. His eyes wandered around the room, the walls, then he looked over at Scott's poster. 

Ew.

Negascott sat up and ripped it off the wall, immediately tearing it up. Wallace popped his head out of the bathroom. "Oh, you really didn't like that poster? Huh." Wallace commented, his voice slightly muffled by him brushing his teeth while talking.

"Yeah, it sucked. So now it's gone." Negascott grinned smugly, happy that it was no longer tainting the wall next to where he slept.

Wallace chuckled, turning the water on and rinsing his toothbrush. "How about instead of destroying other people's things you get something for yourself?"

Negascott nods. "Hmm yeah, actually I'll do that right now!" he hopped up from the futon and headed for the door.

"Hold on, do you even have any money?" Wallace stopped him.

"Uh... no" Negascott realized, backing up from the door.

"Here, take this, get something for yourself, alright?" Wallace pulled out a few dollars and handed them to Negascott. 

"Woah really? Okay then..." Negascott stared down at the money he was given.

"Uh, well thanks." He nodded at Wallace before stepping out the door, where should he go?

...

He walked into a store and looked around, wandering the isles, but then something caught his eye.

There was usually a little section labeled "combat" here, and sometimes there were cool stuff in there, but it was always super expensive. 

However, this time there were a set of silvery looking wristbands, clearly for deflecting. They were most importantly affordable. 

He took his own wristbands off, residue from Scott's fashion choice. He then snapped the new ones on, they fit perfectly, and they looked hella cool on him too. He had just enough money. He sped over to the counter and bought them, as well as a candy bar.

Now he had no money, but he had something cool, so it was a fair trade off.