Chapter 8: Naval Battle of Rodenius part 1

"I am Nendou Hasahi, Shimin of the Japanese 4th Division! Warriors of Louria, send your finest warrior to face me!" The situation was like this.

Baron Volt couldn't comprehend why the enemy had the gall to attack now especially after an exhausting 6 Hour Skirmish a day before.

Behind the lone man near his camp was the entire enemy army. Clad in steel armor and demonic iconography, the Baron despite being given the chance to easily slain the enemy with him being in range of their hwachas simply couldn't. There were consequences to actions and he would rather be respected by his enemies than seen as just another barbarian.

"Lual, take off his head." Baron volt ordered after making his decision.

"Urr..." Lual groaned and approached the enemy.

Despite Luals social abilities being that of a new born child, Lual had a previous reputation in Lourias Gladiatorial Arenas. He was a man know to be capable of splitting a Knight in half with just his bare hands.

Lual may also look like he is using nothing but brute dumb force but in reality he is quite intelligent in a fight, his speed and strikes had won him many fights even in this war he had proven himself by beating a Wolf Beastman in hand to hand combat like it was nothing.

Baron volt may not know the enemy but knowing his finest warrior's capability made him confident.

"What is it do you desire? You intend to invade Louria?" He scoffs. "You're already losing in Ejei!" He made a provocative comment despite not knowing the situation at Ejei, since he was only sent here as a probing force to split Qua Toyne's Army.

In the barren land of sand, two warriors met eye to eye. Even in a Type 3 Armor the Samurai was dwarfed by the Man's size, it was overwhelming being looked down on but the Samurai simply bowed.

Then a Misunderstanding occured. Lual immediately attacked as the Samurai bowed his head. The destructive Force made Nendou fly into the sand.

As he raised his head from being burried in the sands cracks on the helmet ornament on his head collapsed and fell to the ground.

"You have no honor, respect and patience." Nendou's hoarsed voice could be heard as his visor turned red, not because it was intentional but rather it was because he suffered an injury that requires Immediate professional help.

Unsheathing his sword with a vibrating crystalline nano blade tip he dashed forward and using the enhancement of his armor to his advantage he dodged an oncoming attack before retaliating by splitting the man in two.

Nendou faced the enemy and bowed. "My Lord has a decree! Surrender your forces and no bloodshed between your men and people would be incurred. We promise as Soldiers of Japan that you will be treated fairly like equals if you surrender."

Seeing the 3 meter tall Lual fall to the ground, Baron Volt had a sour expression on his face.

"There will be no surrender. We will continue our war, go back to your lines!" There were some objections to Baron Volt's words but he let the enemy warrior go.

An hour after the sound of warhorns could be heard from the horizon. Charging at the battlefield and to Baron Volt's Castle were mysterious steel beast.

When the Hwachas took aim they were immediately eliminated by explosions.

Baron Volt who had returned to his Manor was surprised by the quick and decisive first strikes. Quickly he wore his noble armor and called for an Arch Mage to his side.

"What kind of Magic are they using? Is it Artificer tech?" He questioned the agaped magician.

"N-no my Lord, it is something else!" She answered wearily. For the Magician she was seeing something close to impossible with all her accumulated knowledge as an Arch Magician.