Chapter 27: really?

JUNGWON

I found myself crammed into a van with my friends, Sunoo next to me and Heeseung in the driver seat. Jake occupied the shotgun seat, while Sunghoon and Niki were tucked away in the back sleeping, and gladly no Angry bird insight. I put in my earphones, hoping to drown out the noise with some music.

It had taken a lot of convincing from Jake and Sunoo for me to agree to this trip. I wasn't keen on spending more time around Jay, who had been nothing but a thorn in my side lately. But Sunoo had insisted it would be a good distraction, a way to clear my head and enjoy some time away from the usual chaos. Jake had chimed in with his usual easygoing charm, promising that it would be fun and that they'd all look out for me.

While I was picking for songs to play in my earphones, the van door suddenly slid open, and to my dismay, it's the person I anticipated last to see, Jay climbed in. My heart sank, I thought we had a deal. I shot Sunoo a glare, silently demanding an explanation. He just shrugged, a playful grin spreading across his face.

Through my peripheral vision, I saw Jay settle down beside the door. I didn't want to be anywhere near him, so I grabbed my bag and made to leave. As I tried to walk past him, his hand shot out, gripping my arm, stopping me to leave.

"Where are you going?" he asked, his voice a mix of irritation and amusement.

"I'm not going since Angry Bird is here," I retorted, my voice dripping with annoyance.

Jay scoffed. "Oh, come on."

before I could respond, he yanked me back to his side, forcing me to sit down. He locked his arm around me, and despite my efforts to break free, Jay was surprisingly strong. I struggled, but he ignored me, turning to Heeseung instead.

"Let's go, Hee. Everyone's ready," he shouted, completely disregarding my protests.

"Hey! Let go of me!" I demanded, trying to wriggle out of his grasp.

He tightened his grip. "Just sit still and enjoy the ride"

Sunoo laughed from beside me, clearly amused by the whole situation. "Guess you have no choice, Won."

Jake turned around from the front seat, giving me an apologetic smile. "Sorry, Jungwon. We didn't know Jay was coming either."

I glared at Jay. "This isn't over."

He just smirked, clearly enjoying the power he held over me. "Looking forward to it, whiny little lamb."

With that, the van started moving, I sighed in defeat, knowing that Jay wouldn't give up. I glared at him, but to my surprise he smiled back at me. As I put in my white earphones, I found myself momentarily mesmerized by that smile. It's my first time seeing him smile like that.

he leaned in making the space between us inches, and the world seemed to blur around us, and I couldn't help but notice how Jay's face looked up close. His dark eyes were piercing, framed by long lashes that most people would kill for. His lips were pink and always seemed to be curled into that infuriating smirk. His jawline was sharp, and his tousled hair added to his rugged, effortless charm. I could smell his minty breath touching my nose.

There was something about his entire presence that screamed confidence and mischief all at once. He was annoyingly handsome, and I hated that it was affecting me.

I snapped out of my daze, I didn't know that I was staring at him for minutes, when I felt a hand poked me in my cheeks. I glared at him again. "What's wrong with you?"

Jay leaned in a little closer almost touching our nose, his minty and cologne is all I can smell, his smirk turning into a soft smile. "You know, you look kinda cute when you stare"