28

Things were nice.

Han was quite disappointed, but later on, he accepted us saying that Minho's happiness mattered the most.

Seungmin didn't accept to be honest. He always tried to gain Minho's attention. But he knew that he had lost his chance with Minho by giving up on him (there is more- 1. By hating him, 2. By hurting him, 3. By acting like a jerk, 4. By making him look like he was chasing Seungmin, 5. By making him cry....and so on.)

We didn't really act like a couple. Minho always made sure that our actions were nothing more than friendly.

Once a week, he would show up with a bruise in his face or hands....or straight cut marks in his arms which one could easily identify as self harm.

He tried his best to brush it off. So I also acted like I didn't notice. I wanted him to open up to me.

Meanwhile, I was talking to my grandfather and mom, to see how I could help Minho out of this.

The more I learned, the more depressed I got.

Here is the thing, if the Korean law was corruption free, putting that monster behind the bars would have been a piece of cake.

But, unfortunately, it was not.

Moreover, this dude was influential in the underworld too. From drug dealing to human trafficking, there was nothing he didn't put his money on.

All these made him the final boss, just like in games. Everyone protected him to get money from him. And he could earn more money as he was being protected. It was a vicious cycle.

When I told my grandfather about Minho, he wasn't surprised, rather he said, "who doesn't know about that poor boy... I am surprised that he is still alive. It's known to everyone Chan-nah. But none will say anything because they don't want the monster to look their way..."

So it was completely logical for Minho to be scared of just walking out of that house. He couldn't rely on anyone while his father himself was the final boss.

The only way was to run away to the states with him. I knew I could do that. So I was trying to convince my mom. At the same time I had to think of stuff like....how will I get Minho's visa and passport. Things were complicated.

Seungmin then suggested running away to a rural area where his father wouldn't look for us.

But we couldn't hide in a rural area forever. We couldn't just leave our classes because of one man.

This was ridiculous.