chapter 25

Being a knight sounds cool and it is to a point. I get called air, I get land too and two servants but the other nobles are arrogant nob cheese. Some wouldn't speak to me but would give a smile and some others would outright refuse to acknowledge my presence until the princess or my brother would appear and then they couldn't get enough of me. I would prefer them to just be open and tell me the truth. "we don't like you because you are a lower-class noble and hate the fact that the princess and Edmund like you".

Tsmoore is the name of my land, a tiny village in the north of Athena 100 miles away from Hillcrest. It doesn't seem that far but the only way to get there is via carriage. No train can get there, and train and train tracks are few and far between.

Barnaby and Sophia. My two servants. Barnaby looks at how his name sounds to me. A chunky fellow, especially around the middle, with not a speck of hair on his chrome dome, but He has the most glorious moustache, prominent on his super round face, and wide eyes that will catch the kids doing something they shouldn't in an instant, I have grown fond of him and his chubby cheeks, and the way he dresses like a butler because that's his job as my servants.

Sophia on the other hand was a quiet girl, small in stature with dark hair, her blue eyes stood out a little bit thanks to her tan, not much of a no and lips, both small. She is my maid and has become close with the kids, often found asleep on the sofa with the kids, they all fall asleep after Sophia has read them a story. Both Barnaby and Sophia turned up the day after I met with the king, they introduced themselves, Barnaby was confident and loud while Sophia muttered her greetings. Barnaby doesn't know that I have overheard him being unhappy that he has to serve a knight, or in his ever so posh and deep voice.

"I can't believe it, Sophia! Look we are, a knight house, not a duke, a marquis, a Viscount, but a bloomy knight what was the king thinking when he sent us to serve him, and he has kids here too that aren't his"

"I think it's nice how he takes care of the kids, even though they aren't his" Sophia petit voice with more confidence said, I guess she will speak more and be more confident when she gets to know me better.

I was on the stairs listening in and as luck would have it, someone came to my front door and suddenly Charlotte had walked in. Barnaby has never been more flustered in his life. He didn't know how to speak for brief moments. I made sure to pull him aside when I got a chance.

"Try to relax barns, Charlotte likes to drop by at random times and so does Edmund Ironclaw. I can't have my staff letting me down, this is the house of heart. We entertain the finest of royalty and sometimes riffraff but I expect everyone who comes here to be treated as if they were the king himself"

Barnaby took a deep breath in and puffed his chest out with the most serious look.

"Of course. Sir heart". Ever since that day we have become close and he likes to keep on top of things, and I like to bring him random stuff from the dungeons, he told him it was a goal of his to be an adventure but he didn't have the skills for it, so now I bring him crystals back and he always seems over the moon with them, all I have to do for Sophia is. Bring her food she will be fine, she looks to eat and has a sweet tooth.

Almost a week later I was sitting at my dining room table, eating my breakfast watching Sophia and Clare talk about a doll Clare has, until Barnaby came in.

"Sir heart, I have news"

"You can call me Ronnie, or Sir Ronnie if that is better for you, Barnaby"

"Never sir heart, you are noble, you shall be treated as such"

"Whatever barns, what is the new?"

"You have a letter from the king" Sophia and Clare's necks snapped to look at me with such torque I heard both of their necks click.

"That had to hurt," I told them both, before I took the letter from Barnaby, on the front was my name written in regal handwriting and on the bath, red wax with the creat of the royal family squished on to it. I opened it and read it.

"Oh no"

"What is it, sir?" Barnaby sounded worried. I handed him the letter, he was both puzzled to receive it but overjoyed to be reading a letter from the king.

"That is amazing news, sir! You have been invited to a party at the royal palace!" Sophia and Clare's jaws fell open,

"That can't be news to you two? I'm friends with the princess" Their faces didn't change, they still looked shocked. "And also I can't go I have to go see my new land and see what state it is in"

"But sir this is from the king and it says you must attend no expectations!"

"I can go to your land if you want Ronnie?" Tim said, sounding extremely nervous to be asking that, he came and walked in with a tray of toast, which Clare and Sophia began to dive into. "ThThat'sf it's... Erm... Okay with you"

"That would be great!" Barnaby said before I could answer, "siSireart you trust Timothy more than most I have noticed, he would be perfect to check on your new land for you, I would go for you myself sir but I will be unable to since I will be you attending at the palace"

"My what?"

"Attending sir" he leaned down and showed me the letter and pointed as to where it says I bring my attending.

"I guess I have no choice"

"Splendid I shall arrange everything, including a new outfit for you sir, you must show you are a man of status, you may even find a wife"