Twenty Years

Janet POV
I strolled down the street as a ghost, passing through walls and watching all the people around me. Thanks to Byron's "curse", they couldn't see me.

But actually, he had helped me. I retained all my memories of my past life, I would never die ever, and I could sneak everywhere undetected. And with this, I was determined to find Fang, the one that got away, and hope that we could continue our love story.

In the twenty years that I had waited for Fang to come back to me, so much things had changed. Just a month after his death, Southern Brawltopia and Northern Brawltopia had been merged together after the Great War. Then, Assone had rushed to conquer the entire country while it was in a mess, flushing out all those crazy communists and killing or capturing almost all of them.

I had seen a newspaper more than seventeen years ago about the successful capture of that bitch Byron, with their swift defeat following shortly after. So now, Assone was gigantic, and I was residing in its capital-Liva, where Northern Brawltopia used to be.

All these years, I had been waiting here, all for the one that got away. But of course I still had my fun. I watched some movies for free, given no one could detect me as I snuck into the cinema and phased right through the walls. I kept up with the news in my house.

It was lucky that Byron's curse allowed me to still retain my human form if I concentrated extremely hard. And b extremely hard, I meant to-the death hard. I had barely spent five minutes to buy my house, and by the time I was done, I collapsed on the floor and slept for three days straight from sheer exhaustion.

Among all those twenty years, today was just yet another normal day. Or so I thought.