Not Anymore

Janet POV
I was shocked, frozen stiff until I finally stumbled on my words, "Wh-wha-what? You see me?"

He reached out, and placed his hand on mine. "I do, Janet. Finally. You aren't invisible to me. Not anymore."

I stammered again, "You're...you're holding my hand? The curse has been broken? I'm not a ghost anymore?"

Fang seemed to realise the same thing before he smiled. "Not anymore, Janet. Finally, we are back together again, in another life."

I was literally jumping for joy. It was our reunion, after a messy two lives. The one that got away had finally come back to me, after such a long time. Once again, we were together.

I giggled as his traced his finger across my cheek affectionately. Then he told me, "Hey, I did make a promise twice in my past lives, and I wouldn't want to break it."

I instantly smiled, knowing which promise he was talking about. "I'd like to take you up on that," I laughed softly.

Then he pulled me in for a passionate kiss. Finally, it was the right life for our love story, finally the time where we met forever.

After so long.

He finally pulled apart, murmuring, "All my lives I've been waiting for the perfect one for me, the one that I'll love with all my heart. The one who I'll know everything about, the one who I'll share everything with. The one who loves me just as much. The one who completes me. The one who marries all my problems and quirks. The one whose problems and quirks I marry. That's you, Janet. And now I'm sure of that."

I grinned. Our story was messy, complicated, deadly, at times horrible, worrying, scary and frightening, at others just pure bliss, joy, happiness, excitement...but we had come a long way. A long way, to where we were standing now. Every suffering, every death, every pain, every shock, was needed for us to finally get here today. And I wouldn't give it up for the world.

Not now, not ever.

??? POV
I growled in frustration. "Well, Janet, if that isn't enough, I'll step up my game. I'll make you suffer. I'll destroy you. I'll leave you burning and screaming for mercy as I rule the world. Just. You. Wait."

THE END...OR IS IT?