First Life (Pt. 2)

Janet POV
"Yeah," Fang said softly. "But telling it to you kinda makes me feel better. Thanks, for giving me a listening ear, for giving me somebody to let out some of my burden on."

"No problem," Janet replied. "Hope the rest of your day will be better. For a start, here's a coffee on the house."

Then Fang gave her the widest smile she had seen. The first real smile.

"Thanks for cheering me up," he said gratefully. "Now, how about you take an order?"

I laughed and went behind the counter, deciding to play a small prank on him to cheer him up.

"What's your name?" I teased as I put on my apron again.

"Fang," he grinned back, chuckling.

"Well, Fang," I said after taking his order, "What do you say...we get a cup of coffee sometime?"

He smiled, "I'd love to. I have to go, but call me sometime." He left a business card on the counter, waving goodbye as he left the coffeehouse.

"From there, everything changed. A relationship started, a romance began, a love kindled, friendships were made, evolutions passed, finally, the great seal of love, a wedding was conducted. But a few years later, we met with a terrible car accident. That day, we died, but you and I made a promise."

Just driving down a little road, ready for a nice vacation, the first one since our honeymoon three years ago. We are off to the airport, when a speeding car on the next lane spiralled out of control, entering our lane. We screamed, but it was too late anyways. It crashed into us, the sound of breaking glass resonating, the sound of a collision roaring loud, the sound of flames blazing filled our ears.

Both of us had been cut deep by glass shards, and we were pinned under the great weight of our luggages.

I was coughing out blood speedily, losing consciousness. Fang had blood streaming from his head, his arms and legs. Before everything went black, he whispered softly, "I'll never forget you, Janet. I'll always love you. And one day, we'll be reunited, in another life."

His eyes closed and his breathing stopped, and tears streamed down my cheeks, mingling with the blood. I coughed one last time, even though he couldn't hear me, "Me too, Fang. We'll be reunited in another life, I promise. I promise you won't be the one that got away."

Then everything went black.