After So Long

Janet POV
Today seemed like a normal day, so I was just strolling down the street and admiring the nature as I hummed my favourite tune to myself.

"In another life, I would be your girl...we keep all our promises, be us against the world...in another life, I would make you stay...so I don't have to say you were the one that got away...the one that got away..." I sung along, imagining the song was playing across the whole market.

The chorus was so o beautiful, it was stuck in my head like an ear-worm. "The o-o-o-o-one, the o-o-o-o-one, the o-o-o-o-one...the one that got away..."

Yeah, that was seriously as if the sung had been written and sung especially for me. That's why I called Fang "The One That Got Away". Because he truly was, and I was his girl.

The rays of the twilight sun had begun to set over Assone, and it was time for my favourite show. I decided it was time to home.

I wondered when I would find Fang again.

Or if I ever would. 

No, I had to stay positive. I was certain destiny and fate would bring him back to me. One day, after so long of waiting.

That day was today.

I was hurrying home when I spotted a newspaper stand nearby, and on the cover was a very familiar face.

"Fang?" I gasped. The same handsome guy, with dark blue messy yet artfully styled hair, piercing midnight eyes, a wide smile, and that cap he always wore.

I had to get this.

Quickly obtaining my human form, I grabbed the newspaper and rushed into the shop, paying for the newspaper and hurrying off before I transformed back.

It had hardly been a minute, and I was already so tired. But if it was for Fang, it was definitely worth it. With my ghostly powers, I turned the newspaper invisible as well and ran back to my apartment.

"New movie star has arisen...son to owner of the Brawlywood empire...played the lead role of Christian Luca Ryeno in the highest-grossing movie of all time, Wish You Were Still Here...age sixteen...already a millionaire...expected to top his father...most famous movie superstar currently...Fang Ametho." I read through the front-page article.

It was Fang. Fang. After so long, the one that got away had finally come back. And he was a super famous person, just like he had been in the first life that he could remember.

Which meant he probably could be snooty and stuck-up, and push me away.

But the Fang I knew in both lives were far from that.

It was time to find him to continue our love story. After so long.