Show your Dark Side

Today was the day. Today, she would focus on Sans and Sans alone. After having dinner with Frisk, it seemed that Sans actively lumped her and Frisk in as unpredictable threats as subtly as he could. Despite that, it seemed that Gaster had picked up on it, resulting in an argument. That, in turn, ended up upsetting Papyrus and Frisk left for the night. Papyrus and Sans both went to their rooms, and Avery had gone with Papyrus to reassure him that everything would be alright and she would help Sans relax so that there wouldn't be anything close to that argument again. Even now, there was tension. Gaster sat beside her, discreetly signing to Sans under the table. Sans seemed annoyed and frustrated, seemingly about to blow up again. Usually, he was calm and collected. It seemed Gaster knew just the right buttons to push. "Papyrus, why don't we eat in the other room?" Papyrus was the worst, constantly fidgeting and unable to really eat anything. Papyrus nodded immediately, and Sans instantly looked regretful and guilty at the same time. Avery took her plate and led him out to the living room to remind him of her master plan.

🛶🛶🛶

Sans felt her presence as soon as he was up from his nap, souring his already foul mood. He got it. He really did. Avery was rescued by Gaster, raised by monsters, blah blah blah, good guy. But to Sans, that meant nothing. Chara was just the same after all, and look where that got the entire kingdom? "shouldn't you be at your boat or something?" Sans turned to give her a done expression. "Even I get a day off, Sans." Avery replied as she leaned into his station, making it obvious to Sans that she had no intention of leaving. "uuuggghh, what do you want avery?" He groaned, slamming his skull into the surface of his hotdog stand sentry station. "I want to make our brother happy." Avery stated simply. "That means trying to get you to like me. I know why you are acting out, so just try to listen to your father and I, please?" Sans scowled further. Avery thought she knew everything about Sans, and he hated that. She didn't know a damn thing! "go away, would you? i can apologize to paps after work..." He grumbled. "But that won't fix the situation."

🛶🛶🛶

Avery sighed as Sans shortcut out, clearly done with the conversion. She got it. Sans was scared, and she understood that. He didn't want to get too close now that Frisk was in the game. The nightmare didn't help either, and he felt cornered between Frisk, Chara, and herself. She guaranteed that if Frisk hadn't started the journey, Sans would have been much closer and a lot less tense and angry. Avery located Sans' soul signature rather easily and took her own shortcut into the golden hall. Sans huffed on gave Avery his full attention. "you're not gonna drop this, are you?" She shook her head. "I can't. I don't want to see Papyrus like that... you and I both know that Papyrus isn't like that." Sans tried to cover up the wince, but Avery noticed. "fine then... if you wanna gain my favor so bad, then prove it." Avery felt the room go dense with magic as Sans attempted to intimate her. She understood now. He wanted her to follow. He wanted to see if he could goad her into a fight, goal her into killing him. Well, if he wanted a fight, she'd give him one.