25- Yale

Andersson closed the lid down on her laptop and rubbed her temples. There was nothing, nothing new that she could see. All of the lines of enquiry had been exhausted. They had interviewed and ruled out over 400 students, and watched hours of CCTV. Visited all links to the victims, even the tenuous ones. There was nothing else to go on. There was no trace of DNA, no possible sightings.

What they had established was that the only thing Sharon and Talia had in common were links to the women's center at Yale but even at that there wasn't much to go on. In Fact the two women had never met, or had a chance to even randomly bump into each other.

Taila's husband was aware of the affair with the professor and Annabelle confirmed that she had not seen her former lover for over a year. Sharon was in California the last time Talia Martinez had been anywhere near the women's center.

Sharon they had established visited family planning at the hospital weekly for STI checks. Reaffirming their belief that she was involved in something, online but providers weren't willing to supply information and she obviously hadn't used her own name. Unless someone found something by chance there was no way to show for certain if it was online pornography as the phone search had indicated. The search on the warehouse had also drawn a blank despite several visits Eric Mullens hadn't noticed anything out of the ordinary. The department had refused his request for overtime to stake it out.

So the team was stuck. If the person stopped now it would be likely that they might just get away with it. But Andersson was sure they wouldn't stop; they were just in some kind of holding pattern.

"You fancy going out for a bite to eat?" The FBi agent asked her colleague. She and Mira had grown closer over the last month.

"Love to, but I have that thing for the Women's center tonight. You know the self defense class, you could always join me. I know you said Abby is busy until later."

Andersson groaned, "hmmm not exactly how I was hoping to spend my evening. Also not sure with the tattoos."

"It's a self defense class and I have tats too."

"Yeah but I'm not meant to show mine."

"Well we've all seen them, come on that's a lame excuse."

"When is it?"

"Seven and the large sports hall in the main building."

"Okay I guess I can help you out, just so I can speak for you when you let your gay panic take over at the sight of a certain academic."

"I don't go into gay panic."

"Bull. Last time you could hardly look at her, yes Annabelle I can do that. And now instead of a nice steak, you're giving up your free time to deliver a class."

"We are going to deliver a class my friend. Come on!"

Taylor conceded with a subtle nod.

———-

The pair had used the change area at the back for the sports hall to change. Mira wore her usual boxing shorts which stopped just above her knees on her toned thighs and a sports top which just covered her chest leaving her abdomen on display. Andersson didn't bat an eyelid as she was used to Miller doing sports in similar outfits, as they had spent some time working out at the detectives gym, over the last month.

Anderson on the other hand was wearing a pair of sweatpants which hung low on her toned waist and a tank which was cut long under her arms exposing a black sports bra, and the firm inked sides of her body.

"Well," Annabelle entered the change room, she couldn't resist taking a moment to run her eyes over detective Miller's body. She felt a knowing buzz in her gut as she noticed Miller blush at her stare. "Well I am glad I brought extra water, you pair are going to be working up quite a thirst in there." The professor laughed. As they exited the change room she whispered to Miller, "see you brought Rambo."