Rewind (Part 32)

Jessica:

At 7:30 am, all the students from the 5 collaboration groups (both, second and third year students) had been told to gather at the main assembly hall. Most of us were getting fidgety with anticipation, wondering why we'd been summoned without any prior notice.

Me on the other hand...well I didn't mind about being called 30 minutes before the official class hours started, because I was happy that I could spend a few minutes with Ho-Jin before breakfast. 

Suddenly, the curtains from the large stage were drawn aback, and our University President, Seo  Hye-Mi, walked out with a mic in her hand. As usual the self-made, young woman was elegantly dressed in a way that showcased her generous, and care-giving attitude. 

"Annyeonghaseyo, hakssengdeul! I hope you're all doing great, this morning! My sincere apologies for making you all get out of bed before time...", Ms.Seo smiled.

None of us could ever get annoyed or irritated by this woman, and everyone readily excused her.

"Gwenchana!"

"Gwenchanseubnida!"

"Gwenchanayo!"

...we chorussed. 

"Now, I'm pretty sure that all of you are wondering what this is about, so let me get straight to the point without making you wait any longer. How does that sound?", Ms.Seo suggested, and everyone nodded their heads, "Just as I expected. Alright, so this year, our event planning committee has organised a field trip for all the collaborative classes to Jeju Island!"

Everyone cheered enthusiastically, and all of us were overjoyed! Ho-Jin and I looked at each other, and I squealed with delight and grabbed his palms, and started hopping with excitement. Was this really happening? Was I going to go on a University trip with my 2 best friends and my boyfriend? Wow, I couldn't believe it!

"This is going to be so amazing!!", I exclaimed, unable to contain my excitement.

"I can't wait to spend all my time with you, yeobo!", he said, hugging me.

Then, I turned to Hae-Ri, who was standing behind us with Hae-Jun. They looked so cute, staring at each other and smiling from ear-to-ear!

"Earth to the love birds!", Ho-Jin said, patting Hae-Ri's head.

"Yah!", Hae-Ri said to Ho-Jin, pretending that it hurt, but she gave herself away by giggling.

"Hyung...", Ho-Jin said to Hae-Jun (Hae-Jun was a bit older than him), "You've made my sister even brattier than she was!" He pretended to be disgusted by Hae-Ri's "bratty" attitude, but in reality, all of us knew how much he cared about her.

*Ho-Jin's flashback*

"Yeoboseyo? Hae-Ri yah, g-gwenchana?", I stuttered through the phone. A couple of hours ago, Jess had called to inform me that Hae-Ri had fainted and had been taken to the first-aid room. At that time, I had been about 3 hours away from the Uni and Jessica said that Hae-Ri had woken up and that she was fine. (Hello? Are you okay?)

"Eoh, gwenchana. Wae? Did Jessica say something?", Hae-Ri inquired. (Yeah, I'm fine.)

"Should she not have? Anyway, Hae-Ri yah, I'm coming to see you tomorrow morning, I want to make sure that you're okay, arasseo?", I told. (Okay?)

"Ani, ani. I can't tomorrow morning, I've already made plans with Hae-Jun...I'll meet you later in the afternoon during lunch, okay?", she declined. (No, no.)

"Alright, fine. But there's no way that you're gonna miss lunch, right? I know you don't like to hear me nagging you, hajiman you're my little sister and I need to see you, arachae? This is the major advantage of being at the same University...having gajok by your side when you need it...but we hardly see each other.", I said, getting a bit emotional. (But, okay, family)

"Oppa...mianhe. I know, and I agree with you about the gajok thing. I do miss talking to you more often. Don't worry, I wont bail on you for lunch, you can come get me yourself. I know you care about me.", she admitted. (*word used to call elder brother*, sorry, family)

"Mmm, good. See you tomorrow.", I said, smiling to myself. 

...

~the next day during lunch~

I patiently waited for my sister at the entrance of the cafeteria, but she was nowhere to be seen. I decided to call my yeojachingu (girlfriend).

"Yeoboseyo? Jess, can you tell Hae-Ri that I've been waiting for her at the cafeteria? We were gonna have lunch together.", I said impatiently. 

"I don't even get a hi? Wait a minute, is she not there with you, yet?", Jess whispered, her voice growing frantic. 

"You mean you don't know where she is?!", I said worriedly.

"Oh jagiya! She hasn't been picking up...I've been trying to reach her but I couldn't! Wait, I see you, I'm coming!", Jess said, declining the call.

I saw her running towards me, and I hugged her. 

"Where's my sister?", I said, holding her by the shoulders.

"I d-don't k-know...", she whimpered, holding back tears, "She had b-breakfast with Hae-Jun this morning, and after that...there's no sign of her. Come to think of it, I haven't s-seen him either."

I pulled out my phone and called Hae-Jun, fumbling with the buttons.

"He isn't picking up!", I cried in annoyance.

Suddenly, someone tapped my shoulder.

"Oppa?"

I spun around to see no one other than Hae-Ri, herself.

"Yah! Do you know how long everyone's been looking for you!?", I yelled at her.

"Yah, just calm down first, Ho-Jin ah.", Hae-Jun intervened. 

"Hyung! You're being insane! You don't know how worried we were! Where were you, Hae-Ri?!", I said, agitated.

"Hae-Ri!", Jessica said softly, and hugged her, "Where were you? Why weren't you picking up?"

"Mianhe, Jess. Mianhe, Oppa.", Hae-Ri apologised, "I fainted again. Luckily, Hae-Jun was with me, so we rushed to the hospital."

"What?!?", I shrieked.

"Again?!?", Jess said in shock.

"Hae-Ri, I knew something wasn't right!", I said, holding her in a tight hug.

"It's fine...I'm going to be fine, Oppa.", Hae-Ri said in a soft voice, patting my back.

"Well, what did the Eui-sa say?", I questioned.

"Uhm...well...she suggested to uhm...go for therapy.", She said hesitantly.

"Nae?", I asked with bewilderment, "I didn't know it was something like that! Hae-Ri yah...gwenchana?" (What?  You okay?)

"The truth is...I don't think I am. But I will be, I'm sure of it. It'll just take...time.", she whispered. 

"Yah, you'll be fine. Trust me.", I said, hugging her. (Hey)

..