mavien goes to his hometown

The next day when mavien and the other workers arrived to continue working on fixing the building, mavien was shocked to see Niel, but also to see Elias, mavien looked nervous but also sad as he looked at Elias but quickly switched to looking as if nothing happened, "mavien! I was told you fought the one who destroyed everything!? You didn't get hurt did you!?" Niel said to mavien as he rushed to him grabbing his shoulders and looking worried, "I'm alright Niel, I just got bruised up thanks to fighting some monsters, it was someone else who took down the uh- attacker?" Mavien said not sure what to call Rosendale, Niel sighed in relief as Elias walked over to them, he looked at mavien not being able to hide his worry, mavien looked confused unsure of why Elias looked worried, "I'm glad your safe..." Niel said smiling relieved, mavien smiled, "I guess it's to be expected that you wouldn't fall down to a threat of that level..." Elías said with a smile, mavien blinked confused as memories flashed through his head, mavien quickly pushed them aside, "this should be your assistant Elias if I remember correctly? I'm glad he isn't locking himself up like you told me the last we talked" mavien said with a smile, Elias smiled before grabbing Niel by the ear, "so you went telling someone else about such an embarrassing time of mine?" Elías said with an annoyed smile, "I needed advice!" Niel said as he tried to pull away but couldn't as everytime Elias just grabbed him harder, mavien smiled nervously glad he was no longer the one in his place, "Elias, he just wanted to help you and so he asked me for advice, go easy on him will you?" Mavien said with a kind smile, Elias seeing his smile froze and let go of Niel "mavien, your my savior!" Niel said and his behind mavien grabbing his hand, Elias glared at Niel before sighing, "it seems you are fine then...I am glad, sir Niel here insisted we had to send his own workers to help you rebuild so that you wouldn't have to work as much" Elias said, Niel looked at mavien and smiled, mavien smiled and sighed, relieved that they would maybe get extra help, "that would help finish everything much faster, if possible, it would be greatly appreciated" mavien said with a smile, Elias smiled and nodded, "then I will be sure to get our people to come and help, I am sure it will also help us in the long run" Elias said with a slight bow, mavien smiled and nodded, "thanks" mavien said with a smile, Niel smiled at mavien, "it's too bad I can't stay for long...the emperor called for all nobles to go to the royal palace today... including the ones in the outer regions..." Niel sighed, "it's to the point that he even had mages use teleportation magic to bring them all here by this afternoon!" Niel said as he looked clearly stressed, mavien chuckled nervously, "both of them haven't changed much...but boy am I glad I'm not a noble in this point in time...." Mavien thought as Niel continued speaking about how annoying it was to be a noble, mavien just listened and smiled, Niel ended up sticking around until the afternoon and even helped by using his own magic to make the materials lighter for everyone, after that Niel left.

After that day Elias and Niel both sent people from their own noble families both knights from their knight orders and normal workers to help work on rebuilding everything, and so they managed to rebuild and refurnish half of the buildings in just a month, after another month the other buildings only needed to have more furniture moved in and to be restocked since many of the buildings were stores or inns and one was even a clothing shop, and so by when they finished the knights of the city guards that belonged to no knight order because they had not sworn allegiance to anyone except the valkiam empire and the gods some of them followed, those same guards were now all putting their names on pieces of wood to see which lucky three would get chosen to have a vacation, however only the ones who by word of the volunteers and other workers that were helping rebuild, only the ones that had helped the most were able to participate in this, however, captain illois had something planned for his current favorite, mavien, so when mavien Luke and 30 other guarda put down their names, captain illois had already thought of what to do if mavien's name didn't come out in the three of the knights who had chosen for the vacation, "alcaster" the vice captain said the first name, "val" the vice captain said the second name, "and mavien" the vice captain said the last name, mavien sighed in relief glad he got the vacation, captain illois smiled satisfied but both didn't know a certain someone was in the crowd and had used magic to get mavien to get chosen, after everything was finished everyone was given their patrol rout and was given their tasks, mavien talked with Luke for a bit before going to captain illois, he and the other two who got the lucky early vacation that would be longer then the ones they usually got, the three were told on which day they had to return and when their vacation would begin, and so after that mavien began his work, however while on his patrol rout with val he secretly sent small fire butterflies into a certain rout Alicia told him off, then mavien continued his work.