Ch 112 - Love Letters

Lucifer was running slightly late to breakfast that morning, for obvious reasons, and for a second, he believed that he walked into the wrong room upon entering the Great Hall.

The walls were covered with large, lurid pink flowers. Worse still, heart-shaped confetti was falling from the pale blue ceiling.

Lucifer tried his best to ignore it and went to sit at the Gryffindor table beside Hermione, who somehow ended up here before the boy himself could.

It did leave him quite stunned, did he really take more time in the bathroom than her? Lucifer was amazed he did.

When he sat down, Hermione quickly stuffed something into her bag.

"I know it's the 14th but what the fuck is going on, here?" Lucifer asked her, while grabbing a piece of confetti covered bacon and wiped it off.

He didn't think McGonagall would actually let Dumbledore do this, behind her back.

She just pointed up to the teachers table, apparently too embarrassed to speak, what just happened in the morning, came back into her front.

Lockhart, wearing lurid pink robes to match the walls, was waving for silence.

Every teacher was looking stony-faced, except for Dumbledore, who looked in cheerful spirits like most times.

"Happy Valentine's Day!" Lockhart bellowed out, "and may I thank the forty-five people who have so far sent me cards! Yes, I have taken the liberty of arranging this little surprise for you all - and it doesn't end here!" Lockhart clapped his hands and through the doors to the Entrance Hall marched a dozen or so surly-looking dwarves.

Not just any dwarves, though. Lockhart had them all wearing
golden wings and carrying harps. "My friendly, card-carrying cupids!" Lockhart beamed, "They will be roving around the school today, delivering your valentines! And the fun doesn't stop here! I'm sure my colleagues will want to enter into the spirit of the occasion! Why not ask Professor Snape to show you how to whip up a Love Potion?"

Lavender Brown seemed too excited to learn that Snape would be teaching them how to brew Love Potions.

"And while you're at it, Professor Flitwick knows more about Entrancing Enchantments than any wizard I've ever met, the sly old dog!"

Professor Flitwick buried his face in his hands.

Once his speech was over, the students were released to go to their lessons.

Hermione saw both her roommate Lavender, and other 1st year Astoria Greengrass immediately rush up to Snape as everyone else left.

She'd have to be careful around these girls.

But, Snape looked as though the first person to ask him for a Love Potion tutorial would be force-fed poison.

And knowing him, he'd do it, too.

It made Hermione feel good inside.

"Hermione..." Ron said slowly, "you weren't one of the forty-five, were you?"

"Of course not! How ridiculous of a question!" She said and stomped ahead of them.

All day long, the dwarves kept barging into their classes to deliver valentines, to the annoyance of the teachers.

Late that afternoon as the Gryffindors were walking upstairs for Charms, one of the dwarves caught up with Harry and Lucifer.

"Oy, you! 'arry Potter!" Shouted a particularly grim-looking dwarf, elbowing people out of the way to get to Harry.