Ch 115 - Malfoy vs Dumbledore

Lucifer awoke several hours later to an empty Dorm room.

He pinched the bridge of his nose and closed his eyes. Images of Hermione's petrified form flashed in his mind.

He clenched his fists and held the base of his palm on his eyelids; faint red marks could be seen there.

The door opened, but he didn't care who it was until they spoke to him, "Lucifer, Ron and I are going to see Hagrid after everyone else has gone to bed... did you wanna go with us?" Harry asked him carefully.

He removed his hands from his eyes and looked at them, 'I don't care what Slytherin's Monster is, I'm going to find it...' he blinked.

"Sure," and laid back down, to try and focus on anything but her, 'And when I find it, I'm going to kill it.'

Later that night, after everyone else had gone to bed, the three boys got under Harry's cloak and made their way out of the Castle, Harry recounted what McGonagall had said to them and Lucifer understood why the teachers were distressed.

The journey through the dark and deserted corridors was eerie.

But the closer they got to the Entrance Hall, the more teachers and ghosts they came across, all traveling in pairs.

They thankfully got out of the Castle just fine, but did have some close calls with Snape, who just did not want to get out of the way until McGonagall called for him.

Once out of the Castle, they didn't take the Cloak off until they found themselves right in front of Hagrid's door.

Lucifer knocked quickly, and they were greeted with a Crossbow, aimed right at them.

Fang barked loudly and excitedly, "Oh," he said, lowering the weapon, "What're you three doin' here?"

"Who or what is the Crossbow for?" Lucifer asked as they stepped inside.

"Nothin' - nothin'-" Hagrid muttered, "I've bin expectin' - doesn' matter - sit down, I'll make some tea," Hagrid said.

It seemed to them like he was scatter-brained at the moment and didn't rightly know what he was doing one moment to the next.

He nearly extinguished the fire from almost spilling water onto it from the kettle, and then he smashed the teapot with a massive jerk of his hand.

"Are you okay, Hagrid?" Harry asked him, concern laced his voice, "Did you hear about..." he trailed off, not wanting to upset Lucifer.

"Oh, I heard all righ'," he said with a slight break in his voice.

He kept glancing over towards the windows, "Expecting someone?" Lucifer asked him.

"No... no... maybe, I don' know..." Hagrid replied, he was about to pour them large mugs of water when there was a loud knock at the door.

The three of them were quick to cover themselves with the Cloak and hide in a corner of the room.

Hagrid quickly checked they were hidden, grabbed his Crossbow, and flung the door back open, "Good evening, Hagrid," Came the voice of Dumbledore.

The old Headmaster then entered the humble abode, looking deadly serious.

He was followed by a second, odd-looking man.

Lucifer had only seen him in the Daily Prophet. The man was Cornelius Fudge, the British Minister for Magic.

He looked exactly like in the newspaper; he had rumpled gray hair and an anxious expression, and was wearing a strange mixture of clothes.

A pinstriped suit, a scarlet tie, a long black cloak, and pointed purple boots.