Ch 117 - Eating your Puke

The Gryffindor Common Room was always crowded these days since the attack on Hermione and Penelope.

From Six o'clock onwards, they had nowhere else to go with the mandatory stay-in orders.

The Common Room was always full until some time after midnight, so going out to the Forest wouldn't be easy.

Lucifer passed the time reading and Fred and George had challenged Harry and Ron to Exploding Snap.

Ginny had sat down in Hermione's usual chair in a subdued state.

Lucifer noticed she was even paler than usual. He wondered what exactly was going on with her.

She was fine when he'd seen her in Diagon Alley, and on the Train but since arriving at Hogwarts, she hadn't looked so good.

He couldn't worry about her right then, because they had to head for the forest once everyone else went to bed.

It was well past midnight when they went to bed, and after the satisfying click of two doors closing, they threw the Cloak over themselves and made their way out of the portrait of the Fat Lady.

He was too busy on exterminating this monster, that not even showed disgust while using Harry's cloak, or tried to make himself invisible.

It was just as difficult as the last time they did this.

Dodging teachers and ghosts was not easy or fun, but they had no choice, they couldn't turn back now.

Ron began to complain a little about this, but Lucifer ignored him.

They soon reached Hagrid's house and the sight was nothing short of sad, seeing no lights on in its blank windows.

They walked inside and Fang immediately jumped all over Lucifer, who managed to keep him calm enough to not bark.

Harry left the invisibility cloak on Hagrid's table, as there would be no need for it out in the dark of the forest.

"Let's go, Fang," Lucifer said, patting his leg.

As they walked towards the forest, Lucifer raised his wand, "Lumos!" He said and his wand tip started to shine.

The path before them was now illuminated and they could see any Spiders that they would have to follow.

"Good thinking," Ron said, "I'd light mine but... I might just end up blowing all of us to pieces..."

Harry tapped Ron on the shoulder and pointed to where Lucifer's wand was aimed and there were two spiders scurrying away from the wand light.

Ron took some deep breaths, "Okay..." he inhaled one more time before exhaling, "I'm ready, let's go."

With Fang accompanying them, sniffing around tree roots and bushes, even urinating on one of the trees, they bounded deeper into the forest.

"Just stay with me, and you'll be fine," Lucifer told them. He slowed his breathing down so that he remained calm, his senses on high alert.

They followed the spiders as they moved along the path.

It wasn't long before the stars above them disappeared from view, the canopy getting thick and preventing any light from getting to the forest floor.

The sound of crunching leaves and twigs underfoot was all that could be heard aside from Fang's occasional whimper.

When it got almost too dark to see, even with the spell, Lucifer enhanced it with a better version, "Lumos Maxima!" He muttered and the light grew to be three times brighter than the regular spell.